Full Time Assistant Coach/Aquatics Supervisor Needed
Immediate Opening: The JCC Bridgewater Tide (BWTD), located in Bridgewater, NJ, is seeking one full time coach to grow and develop the base of our program, including our Pre-Competitive group, so that those swimmers develop into successful athletes once they reach the senior level. In coordination with the Head Coach, the full time assistant coach will take BWTD to new levels of success. This coach will also work with Aquatics throughout the year. Summertime responsibilities will include swim team, pol club, and/or Camp Ruach swim lessons, depending on experience.
BWTD is a swiftly growing and improving program, which has grown from less than 90 swimmers in 2017 to over 140 swimmers in fall 2021 with ability levels ranging from novice to State Championship level swimmers, including two State Champions in the 2021 NJSwim Spring Back Virtual Championship. We are also New Jersey’s first SafeSport-recognized program. We have a close-knit, hardworking staff that is proud of our success, and are always looking to improve. We are looking for coaches who are willing to help us continue to grow our team, develop our younger swimmers, and are truly passionate about the sport.
Full Time Assistant Coach Job Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the developmental groups on the team, including the Pre-Competitive group
- Designing season plans in accordance with the Head Coach
- Assisting with other training groups as needed
- Attending scheduled USA Swim meets
- Working with the Head Coach to recruit new swimmers and schedule tryouts
- Assisting the parent committee with tasks such as spirit wear orders, group socials, and the end of season banquets for both the short course season and Summer Tide
- Assisting with Administrative tasks such as meet entries, weekly newsletters, updating the team website, etc.
- Assisting in JCC events throughout the year
Aquatics Supervisor Job Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising the pool when the Aquatics Director is not at the JCC
- Supervising lifeguards
- Overseeing maintenance of pool including chemicals and cleanliness
- Being the professional staff on duty in the building on either Saturday or Sunday
- Lifeguarding as needed
- Assisting with swim lessons during Summer Camp
- Assisting with Summer Swim Club
Customer Service & Communication
- Handle difficult or emotional customer situations in calm and respectful manner
- Respond promptly to customer needs
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of sensitive issues
- Maintain regular and frequent communication with supervisor to ensure constant lines of open communication
Overall JCC Duties
- Support the mission of the JCC
- Represent and promote JCC at community-wide events, programs, and open-houses, including those that fall on evenings and weekends throughout the year
- Work with members and clients of the JCC to ensure happiness and ease concerns
- Attend regular staff and program meetings
- Actively pursue an understanding of all JCC programs in order to provide the seamless stewardship of families through agency offerings
- Participation in training seminars and webinars, as assigned
- Works well in a team as well as independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sense of humor, desire to have fun!
- Desired Qualifications
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
- ASCA Level 2 or similar coaching experience.
- Knowledge of Team Unify.
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Team Manager.
- Knowledge of Meet Manager preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to create a positive environment where all swimmers are inspired to improve and succeed.
- Willingness to maintain working knowledge of current swimming techniques and training methods.
- CPO Certification or willingness to obtain one within 60 days of being hired
- Lifeguard Certification or willingness to obtain one within 60 days of being hired
- Willingness to work long-term for a growing team (3+ years)
Salary is $40,000 - $45,000 and commensurate with experience. Full-time benefits include subsidized health insurance, access to a dental and vision plan, 401k, paid vacation and sick leave, and payment for USA and ASCA membership. We also provide opportunities for professional development, such as payment for ASCA courses.
Interested candidates should send a resume and at least two references to Head Coach David White at email@example.com.