The Baylor Swim Club located in Chattanooga, TN is now accepting applications for an age group coach to help facilitate its growing competitive swimming program. The Baylor Swim Club is a school-supported and coach-operated USA Swimming club running on the campus of the Baylor School.
The club’s home pool is the Baylor School Natatorium. This multi-million dollar facility is state of the art, and one of the best aquatic centers in the country. The indoor pool features 22 short course yard lanes by ten 50-meter long course lanes and is equipped with two moveable bulkheads.
Below are some of the many accomplishments that have been achieved by both the Baylor School swim team and also the Baylor Swim Club.
- Baylor ranks as a Silver Medal team in the USA Swimming Club Excellence Program for the 13th time in the last 14 years
- Baylor Swim Club Produced five USA National Junior Team Members
- Had five swimmers compete at the FINA World Junior Championships in 2011, one competed in the World University Games in 2019, and One to compete in the FINA World Championships in 2013 & 2017
- Head Coach Dan Flack was named Coach of the United States National Junior team in 2011, 2013, 2017, & 2018. He was also named Southeastern Swimming LSC Coach of the year in 2007 & 2013.
- Baylor School wins combined state title for the 17th year in a row
- Baylor Swim Club had four athletes qualify for the 2020 US Olympic Team Trials.
About the Coaching Position
- This coach will be responsible for the direction of our Junior practice group, which features our top-level age group athletes. The group is made up of competitive swimmers ages 11 to 14. The group practices Monday-Friday and on Saturday mornings.
- The Coach will be responsible for approximately 12-18 hours of on-deck coaching per week and will typically attend one weekend meet per month.
- He/she would be responsible for directing age group practices, developing a seasonal/weekly practice plan under the guidance of the head coach, attending weekly staff meetings, and other various administrative duties. This coach would report directly to the Head Coach.
- Three Years of coaching and managerial experience
- Competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills
- Desire & passion for working with and developing swimmers of all ages
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player
- Candidate should have current certifications in CPR, First Aid, Swim Coaches Safety Training, and current USA Swimming coaches’ registration in good standing.
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for Lifeguards and Lifeguarding/First Aid certifications, or the ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Must also pass a background check and have either had current Athlete Protection Training and Concussion Training or be in the process of finishing those courses.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
This person could join our staff in July or as late as August 2022 (the objective is to have the position filled no later than early July).
About the Chattanooga Area
Nestled in a bend of the Tennessee River and surrounded by mountains and lakes, Chattanooga is so beautiful it inspired a community quest to make it the best mid-sized city in America. The Chattanooga area has received national recognition for the renaissance of its beautiful downtown and redevelopment of its riverfront. Chattanooga enters the 21st century as one of the most progressive and livable mid-size cities in the US. In this decade the city has won 3 national awards for outstanding "livability.
To learn more about the Baylor Swim Club and the Baylor School, visit our websites at http://www.baylorswimming.org and http://www.baylorschool.org .
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Director of Operations, Laura Pitman at firstname.lastname@example.org