We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Summer Youth Program Certified Swim Instructor at our following clubhouse:
- Thomas S. Murphy Clubhouse - Brooklyn, NY
This is a part-time position working 30-35 hours a week Monday through Friday in the morning and afternoon.
The Summer Youth Program Certified Swim Instructor will be responsible for providing continuous supervision within the pool area as well as developing and implementing engaging aquatics programming for our members.
Summer Youth Program Certified Swim Instructor Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforce Clubhouse rules and safety practices while in the pool area.
- Develop and implement appropriate & engaging aquatics programming, from instructional & drop-in to competitive swim.
- Encourage leadership, sportsmanship, and fair play among Clubhouse members.
- Supervise the care and maintenance of the aquatics facility and equipment.
- Submit work orders as necessary to maintenance to ensure that the facility is maintained properly.
- Maintain the department within the parameters of the defined budget.
- Provide attendance reports and all other reports as needed to Clubhouse staff.
- Perform close out procedures on a daily basis.
Summer Youth Program Certified Swim Instructor Required Skills/Knowledge:
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred, certified lifeguard license & WSI certificate required.
- Highly motivated and dedicated to the organizational mission.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Proven track record of engaging youth in a responsible and mature manner.
- As a condition of employment, employees must have proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccine series, or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine.
We offer a professional work environment and supplemental benefits package for the Summer Youth Program Certified Swim Instructor position.