SWIFT Aquatics (SWAQ) offers year-round competitive aquatics programming - providing a comprehensive approach to competitive swimming. Our goal is to make a difference in each child's life by creating an environment conducive to reaching their fullest potential as an athlete and as an individual.
SWIFT Aquatics Values:
* Athlete Focused
* Character Development
* Positive attitudes lead to positive impact athletes
* Maintain connections to the community and each family to foster teamwork and a sense of common goals.
* Everyone should have fun learning and excelling, regardless of experience.
We are hiring assistant coaches to begin our 2022-2023 Short Course Season. If you have any questions, please contact Seth Orlove (Coach.Seth@SWIFTAquatics.org or 224/534-9771) for more information.
Position Title: Developmental and/or Age Group Coach
Position Statement: Under the direction and guidance of the Associate Head Coach, this role will lead/assist groups in the Developmental and/or Age Group Level.
TEAM Culture Responsibility:
● Embrace the Swift Aquatics culture
● Model and celebrate Swift Aquatics values
● Passion for coaching and working with age group athletes
● Be exceptional in the application of positive, consistent, and effective motivation strategies when working with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff in relation to all aspects of the program
● Foster team spirit by exhibiting and maintaining a positive attitude and team building
● Demonstrate a cooperative, prompt, and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, and staff
Wet-side Deck Responsibility:
● Lead 1-2 groups for age group swimmers, and assist with other groups throughout the team
● Create a season plan for lead groups that fits within the scope of group goals and objectives
● Administer daily workouts and maintain group attendance
● Attend meets as assigned (1-2 per month)
● Supervise and maintain a positive practice and meet environment
● Assess new swimmers during tryouts
● Attend staff meetings
● Manage group meet entries
● Send out weekly group update e-mail
● Conduct both group parent meetings and individual parent meetings as needed
● Conduct specialized Clinics throughout the year
● May be required to complete other duties as assigned by the Associate Head Coach
Hours: Hours of work will consist of 3-5 evenings a week and Saturday Mornings (1.5-2 hours/practice), and approximately 6-7 hours at weekend meets as needed.
Building: Niles North and Niles West High Schools - Skokie, IL
Qualifications: Applicants should have prior coaching experience or swimming experience and possess strong communication skills. Applicants should also hold or be willing to obtain the following certifications: Coaches Safety Training, CPR and First Aid (as is required to obtain USA Swimming Coaching credentials).
Compensation: This is an hourly position and the rate will be commensurate with experience. SWIFT Aquatics will also cover the costs of required certifications and USA Swimming membership.