MLAC Hourly Swimming Coach
Mount Lebanon Aqua Club (MLAC) is a competitive aquatics club in the south hills of Pittsburgh PA.
The hourly swim coach supports a developmental swimming program for all age group swimmers while working closely with the lead and head MLAC coaches. The hourly coach may also support the Mt Lebanon school district middle school and high school teams as directed by the MLAC head coach. The MLAC season runs from September through July.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, safety, and good sportsmanship.
- Help create workouts.
- Coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels.
- Apply and enforce student and athlete discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, and facilities, including protecting students from hazing/bullying.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Represent MLAC professionally.
- Attend staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the MLAC lead or head coaches.
To be successful in this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Four years experience as a high school varsity swimmer, experience as a college swimmer preferred.
- Two years of coaching experience.
- High school graduate/GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must possess and maintain American Red Cross First Aid and Lifeguard qualifications.
- Must possess and maintain USA Swimming Safesport certification, complete a background check and be in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Must possess knowledge of the relevant USA Swimming and PIAA rules and regulations.
- Employment is contingent on the applicant passing a full background check.
- Upon employment, the individual will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.
- Candidate should be eager to build the program & invest in student talent development year-round.
- Candidate will abide by the applicable USA Swimming Code of Conduct and Safe Sport Requirements.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, opponents, staff, parents, and students.
- Must be able to take direction from a head coach and implement the desired vision for the team.
- The applicant must possess the ability to relate to students and to serve as a positive role model.
- The applicant should be professionally calm and motivationally intense.
- The applicant should be energetic and passionate about the Mt Lebanon community.
Salary and Hours:
- $15-25/hr DOE
- 10-20 hours/week
- Morning, evening, and weekend hours are expected
Applications should be sent to the MLAC Head Coach: