Title: Durango Swim Club Assistant Swim Coach
Position Status: Part-time, year round
Durango Swim Club, in Durango Colorado, has a November 1st ,2022 opening for an experienced and enthusiastic Assistant Swim Coach.
About Durango Swim Club:
The Durango Swim Club (DGO) of Durango, CO is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated Assistant Swim Coach candidate for our year-round competitive swim team, with a love for the sport who can work well with children and be able to communicate well with Head Coach, swimmers, and their parents.
· Must have USA Swimming Coach Certification.
· ASCA level 2, but will consider the right candidate with a lower ranking
· Experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment (ability to get in the water with younger swimmers)
· Swimming experience at the club and collegiate level
· Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same
This is a year-round, hourly position with opportunity for wage increases. Wages will be commensurate with qualifications and experience within a range of $3,900- $4,500 annually. DGO will also pay $50 per meet session, plus lodging, miles, and per diem. The position requires 6 hours per week but there is potential for additional hours.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCEDURES & DUE DATE
Position start date is November 1, 2022. All application materials should be sent to the Durango Head Coach and the Board of Directors at:
A complete application consists of:
· Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, including coaching philosophy
· Current resume
· List of three current references with contact information