Old Dominion Aquatic Club is seeking an assistant coach who is knowledgeable, energetic, and reliable. The assistant coach reports directly to the Head Coach and is in charge of on-deck coaching for our developmental, age, and/or senior-level groups as required.
On-deck instruction and coaching of swimmers are the responsibility of the assistant coach. The daily on-deck instruction is one of the responsibilities of the coach, along with assisting the Head Coach and Lead group coaches. Every member of the coaching staff at ODAC is expected to uphold the fundamental values that support the club's mission by exhibiting behaviors that reflect our team's values, identity, and culture.
Pay Range: $20 - $25/hour
Hours: up to 20 hours/week
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Follow the T3 Teaching System instituted by the Head Coach
2) Encourage participation in swim meets and other team activities.
3) Work at all ODAC-hosted meets and selected travel meets, as needed.
4) Handle daily administrative tasks such as recording attendance, promoting swim meets and assisting with meet entries, etc.
5) Must enjoy working with children and be able to integrate with the training philosophy of another coach/program.
6) Current in USA Swimming required certifications: CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Athlete Protection, Concussion Protocol Training, Background check, Coaches Advantage Training, Foundations of Coaching, MAAPP 2.0, and/or the ability to obtain the certifications
We are looking for a person who is reliable, responsible, and driven, with a lot of energy and enthusiasm. A successful applicant must be passionate about the sport of swimming, have prior coaching experience, and be able to communicate effectively with superiors, parents, and adolescent swimmers.
Professional development opportunities
How to apply:
For interested applicants, please send a resume and 3 references to ODAC’s Head Coach, Steve Bialorucki, at Stevebialorucki@swimodac.com.