Peters Township Swim Club, an AMS swimming club, is seeking inspiring and energetic
assistant coaches with excellent leadership, communication, and team building skills to support
the club's rapidly growing membership and established coaching staff. You will aid in the
development of a program that will create a solid foundation for our athletes all while driving the
continued success of our swimmers. Competitive compensation is based on experience.
● Establishing an environment that fosters positive team attitude while teaching
self-discipline, sportsmanship, responsibility, and respect
● Coordinating with the head coach to implement a swim training program that is
technically, age, and developmentally appropriate, for both water and dryland training,
which allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential while
considering all learning styles.
● Communicating and working effectively with the head coach, other coaches, parents of
swimmers, and the board of directors regarding all matters of the club.
● Developing a swim training program that is technically, age, and developmentally
appropriate, for both water and dryland training, which allows swimmers of different
abilities to reach their highest potential while considering all learning styles
● Demonstrating mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including
punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and the ability to function
in a multi-task environment
● Setting appropriate goals for groups and individual swimmers
● Creating workouts
● Working flexible hours including nights and weekends, and attending swim meets
● Being a positive role model, maintaining high ethical and moral standards, and adhering
to AMS Swimming Coach’s Code of conduct
● Be willing to obtain all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR,
Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, Athlete
Protection, Lifeguard, First Aid, Concussion, etc.)
● Be able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
● Have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit a resume and contact information for three professional
references to firstname.lastname@example.org.