Head Age Group Coach Needed
Work Days: Sunday – Thursday
Immediate Opening: The JCC Bridgewater Tide (BWTD), located in Bridgewater, NJ, is seeking a Head Age Group Coach to grow and develop the base of our program so these swimmers develop into successful athletes once they reach the senior level. In coordination with the Head Coach, the Head Age Group Coach will take BWTD to new levels of success. The Head Age Group Coach will work Sundays through Thursdays.
BWTD is a swiftly growing and improving program, which has grown from less than 90 swimmers in 2017 to over 155 swimmers in Fall 2022 with ability levels ranging from novice to Sectionals/Zones level swimmers. We are also New Jersey’s first SafeSport-recognized program. We have a close-knit, hardworking staff that is proud of our success, and are always looking to improve. We are looking for coaches who are willing to help us continue to grow our team, develop our younger swimmers, and are truly passionate about the sport.
· Designing season plans in coordination with the Head Coach
· Assisting the Head Coach with team admin
· Writing practices for Senior, Gold 1, and Gold 2 groups, and leading practices when available
· Assisting with other practice groups as needed
· Running the Summer League swim team, including working meets and creating meet lineups
· Availability to work USA Swim Meets on weekends
· Working with the Head Coach to recruit new swimmers and schedule tryouts
· Being the professional staff on duty on Sundays
· Assisting with Summer Swim Club on Sundays, as well as some weekdays and holidays
· Ensuring proper maintenance and cleanliness of pools
· Lifeguarding some hours during the week
· Supporting the mission of the JCC, and assist in JCC events throughout the year
· Coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming
· ASCA Level 2 or similar coaching experience
· Knowledge of TeamUnify and Microsoft Office
· Strong communication and organization skills
· Willingness to maintain working knowledge of current swimming techniques and training methods
· Ability to create a positive, inclusive environment where all swimmers are inspired to improve and succeed
· Willingness to obtain up-to-date USA Swimming and Lifeguarding certifications within 60 days of being hired
Salary is commensurate with experience, and will range from $45,000-$50,000. Full-time benefits include subsidized health insurance, access to a dental plan, 401k, paid time off, and payment for USA and ASCA membership. We also provide opportunities for professional development, such as payment for ASCA courses.