Brownsburg Swim Club (BBSC) is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead our club team as the Head Coach. The ideal candidate will be an experienced swim coach with extensive knowledge of competitive swimming technique, and have great leadership, teaching, and communication skills. This individual will also be enthusiastic, patient, and demonstrate the ability to create a positive learning environment and team culture that emphasizes good sportsmanship and fosters individual confidence.
The Town of Brownsburg is a suburb of Indianapolis, Indiana located in Hendricks County. With more than 27,000 residents, the Town of Brownsburg offers a high-quality school system, quality parks and trails, and a strong business climate. BBSC has over 150 swimmers with ability levels ranging from novice to Sectionals/Zones level swimmers. We are a SafeSport-recognized program. Our newly renovated 10 lane 50 meter pool will open in the Fall 2024. For the remainder of 2023 and 2024, we will be training in other local 50 meter pools.
The Head Swim Coach is responsible for the operation of the swim team including the design and coaching of practices and competitions, mentoring and training of assistant coaches, communication with parents, staff, and board members, and coaching swimmers to be their personal best. The Head Swim Coach reports directly to the BBSC board of directors.
- Be responsible for overall BBSC swim program, including establishing a training philosophy, scheduling practice hours, forming group criteria, establishing group minimum/maximum enrollment limits, and any other areas of concern deemed important by the board of directors.
- All duties required to manage the Senior Group (ages 14-18), including, but not limited to, long course and short course season planning, practice development, practice direction and supervision, meet attendance and coaching.
- Daily on-deck coaching of the Senior Group.
- Assist with on-deck coaching of other groups as needed.
- Attendance at BBSC swim meets is required, unless excused by BBSC board of directors. During Brownsburg High School swim season, coach shall be in attendance at BBSC-attended meets unless there is a directly conflicting high school swimming event.
- Coach must maintain a reasonable presence at club practice during non-Senior Group/HS practices. The purposes for this presence include, but are not limited to:
- Parent interaction, Q&A or education sessions at pool
- Committee, board or other club meetings
- Swimmer interaction or education
- Scheduling pool time for all BBSC training groups, including interfacing with Brownsburg High School or other aquatic centers as required
- Organize and lead meetings between Brownsburg High School Athletic Director, Aquatics Director and representatives of the BBSC board of directors, as deemed necessary.
- Responsible for club e-mail communication
- Coordinate with Head Age Group Coach on BBSC meet selection and entries
- Help plan and participate in team bonding and social activities
- Responsible for short and long term swim program planning for Senior Group athletes, as well as indirect responsibility for the Age Group swim program
- Responsible for short and long term strategic planning for BBSC, in cooperation with the board of directors.
- Create and execute strategies for athlete recruitment, retention and education
- Help recruit, train, educate and retain coaches. Submit any recommendations for coaching hires to the BBSC board of directors for final approval.
- Require 4+ years of competitive coaching experience, Prefer 3+ years as Head Coach
- ASCA Certified, Level 3 preferred
- Experience with HyTek and Team Unify
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Personal desire to succeed professionally and advance the team as a whole
- Experience leading and mentoring assistant coaching staff
- All certifications current and in good standing with USA Swimming
- Solid knowledge of stroke technique and training physiology
- Proven success coaching, motivating and inspiring swimmers at all levels
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and youth mentoring
- Experience in writing and implementing weight training and dryland programs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Clear, cooperative and tactful communication style
- Strong personal values including honesty, respect, and integrity
- Legal authority to work in the United States and able to pass background checks.
- BBSC offers a competitive compensation package.
- BBSC Aquatics is an equal opportunity employer.