Belton ISD has an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and experienced coach to join our staff as a full-time assistant coordinator/high school head coach. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills, along with a proven record of success in coaching competitive swimmers. If you are passionate about developing young athletes, building a positive team culture, and achieving excellence, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. This is a full-time, benefits eligible, position with both club and high school coaching responsibilities. There are no teaching requirements with this position.
· In coordination with the Aquatics Director and coaching staff develop focused seasonal training plan for groups and individuals, fostering intentional development and measurable progress.
· Serve as an on-deck coach of senior training groups and periodic assistance with age group programming.
· Assist in manage athlete placement and individual training plans.
· Coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels.
· With the staff and at the direction of the head coach assist with the team’s meet schedule.
· Attend and assist with all assigned home and away meets.
· Cultivate a positive team atmosphere.
New Tech High School Coaching
· Supervise all training sessions and competitions.
· Coordinate training plans with club staff to ensure continuity across programming.
· Attend coaching clinics and continuing education programs.
· Serve as teacher of record of the swim class.
· Assist with the instruction of district middle school swim team.
Communication and Administration
· Actively participate in weekly staff meetings with all aquatic personnel.
· Communicate professionally and regularly with coaches, athletes, and parents.
· Communicate regularly with NT@W athletic coordinator and Aquatics Director
· Maintain HS team web page and serve as primary contact for NT@W Swim.
· In cooperation with the Aquatics Director and Swim Center Staff, assist in the organization of home meets, team travel, fundraising, team apparel, and social functions.
· Serve as liaison between the high school team and aquatics staff, school, and club teams.
· Maintain a close relationship with the NT@W school administration.
Qualifications & Requirements
· 2+ years of competitive coaching experience required.
· 1+ years as high school head coach, preferred.
· All certifications current and in good standing with USA Swimming.
· Detail oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple priorities.
· Solid knowledge of stroke technique and training physiology.
· Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming and youth mentoring.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee; other duties may be assigned as necessary.