Indy Aquatic Masters is seeking a part-time Head Coach to lead our award-winning U.S. Masters Swimming program in Indianapolis, Indiana.
· Professional swim coaching experience with Masters, high school, club, or college. (Minimum 5 years)
· Personal competitive or fitness swimming experience.
· ASCA/USMS Coach Certification Level I & II required (or planning to complete).
· American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification including First Aid/CPR/AED (or planning to complete).
· Able to write well-planned workouts that accommodate all skill levels and abilities.
· Be able to nurture and motivate the non-competitive swimmer as well as the competitive swimmer.
· Proficiency with computers (i.e. Google sheets/Excel, Google Docs/Word) and electronic communication.
· Supervisory experience.
· Public speaking skills.
· Level III USMS Coach Certification.
· Meet or event management experience and/or Hy-tek software experience.
· Knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
· Experience working with a Board of Directors.
· Emergency and safety protocol awareness.
· Experience working with non-competitive athletes.
· Conduct yourself in a positive and professional manner while coaching on deck.
· Coach at least 8 practices per week, rotating locations as needed.
· Input attendance electronically after each practice.
· Plan and organize workouts that accommodate different skills and abilities on a weekly basis.
· Plan and attend competitions or events (i.e. social activities) in which a large group of our members would be attending to assist with hosting, coaching, and/or organizing relays.
· Conduct periodic clinics including stroke development and open water swimming guidance.
· Actively participate in the recruitment, mentoring, supervision, and evaluation of the assistant coaches.
· Conduct coaching staff meetings as needed.
· Work with the Executive Director as needed on program planning, budgeting, event planning, marketing, and communications.
· Coordinate the practice schedule with facilities and help negotiate/secure facility contracts.
· Manage and coordinate the weekly coaching schedules at our various locations.
· Provide weekly updates to the coaching staff including practice announcements.
· Respond to member comments, questions, and requests in a timely fashion via phone or email.
· Attend all Board of Directors quarterly meetings and provide a coaching progress report.
· Maintain a good working relationship with the Indiana LMSC "GRIN" and attend meetings when possible.
Reports to the Board of Directors
Salary: $25,000 - $30,000 (Based on experience and qualifications)
Benefits: Partial or full reimbursement for training, certifications, and travel. Monthly gas allowance. PTO.
Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Open until filled.