Job Posting: Bloomer Sharks Head Swim Teaching Coach - All Ages 6-18 Bloomer, Wisconsin
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our Bloomer Sharks team as the Head Swim Team Coach. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual with collegiate or club experience. This is the Bloomer Sharks 3rd season and we have created a family culture that instills safety, encouragement, excitement and dedication to our team. This dynamic position requires a combination of administrative skills, coaching expertise and strong interpersonal abilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for coaching and developing swimmers of all ages (6-18) while maintaining a culture of respect, accountability, responsibility, fun, and a love for swimming. Additionally, the Head Coach will serve as a mentor and guide to assistant coaches providing support, training in various areas and working to create a cohesive and unified staff. 15-17 hours per week not including meets.
· Develop and implement comprehensive swim training programs for swimmers of all ages and skill levels.
· Team leader and ambassador
· Provide leadership and guidance to assistant coaches and work collaboratively with the Aquatic Center staff and Parent Committee.
· Foster a positive and supportive team environment that promotes the personal growth and development of all athletes.
· Maintain regular communication with swimmers, parents, and the Parent Committee to provide updates on team activities, schedules, and performance.
· Organize and coordinate swim meets with the NLAC Conference, including registration, and entry submissions.
· Evaluate and track the progress of swimmers, providing feedback and implementing strategies for improvement including personal best records for all swimmers.
· Ensure the safety of all swimmers during practices and competitions, following proper protocols and guidelines.
· Assist and guide high school athletes in the college recruiting process.
· Participate in club activities and social events.
· Previous coaching experience with a passion for swimming.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills to effectively interact with swimmers, parents, and staff members.
· Strong leadership abilities and the capability to motivate and inspire athletes.
· Knowledge of proper training techniques, stroke mechanics, and training equipment.
· Ability to write and develop practices for swimmers of all skill levels.
· Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and provide guidance to assistant coaches.
· Current certifications in USA Swimming, CPR, AED, First Aid, and lifeguarding (or willingness to obtain).
· Passion for swimming and a desire to instill a love for the sport in young athletes.
To apply for the position of Head Swim Teaching Coach, please submit your resume, cover letter, and references to the Bloomer Aquatic Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: Please include any relevant certifications and coaching achievements in your application materials.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
About the Sharks: Our Bloomer Sharks are an amazing group of athletes from ages 6-17. This is our 3rd season, and we are all about Sharks. We believe in a program that allows swimmers to come in at any age and develop their skills as they grow. The Sharks focus on fundamental swimming with stroke development and refinement. We had 1 athlete qualify for the State meet our 1st season, and 10 qualifiers in our 2nd season. Last season we had over 50 swimmers on our team and are planning on having a similar number. Our parents are one of a kind with their unwavering support and excitement for the Sharks. Along with our Bloomer Aquatic Center, we look forward to continuing to build our program and develop strong, happy swimmers.