As the Aquatics Head Swim Team Coach, you must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You will help our Swim Team members improve their swimming in our state-of-the-art recreational and lap pools, both indoors and out. You will write and run Swim Team Group Workouts according to the season plan. You will train the Swim Team Coaches on their team. This position oversees the registering of new participants for the Team and maintains the cleanliness and order of our Aquatics Facilities.
Full or Part Time Available.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates an educational and safe experience for all participants
- Initiates and maintains positive relationships with participants
- Responds to member questions regarding Life Time's programs, policies and procedures
- Provides a safe, clean and organized pool area
- Promotes and sells all Aquatics programs and services
- Acts as the liaison between the Aquatics Department Head, USA Swimming, Swim Coaches and Parents
- Participates in weekly 1 on 1 meetings with the Aquatics Manager
- Writes the season plan and workout templates for each season
- Enters the swimmers into the swim meet program
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of swim coaching experience
- Member of ASCA and USA Swimming
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification
- Complete LTU Safety Training before first shift
- Complete all LTU courses within first 60 days of hire
- CPR/AED certification required
- Lifeguard Certification within 60 days of hire
- Must complete all job specific requirements with Life Time Education.
- Ability to work in a stationery position and move about the club for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to communicate and exchange information with guests who have inquiries about Life Time products and services
- Ability to swim 25 yards/meters without stopping
- Ability to routinely bend to raise 20 lbs or less and occasionally bend to raise more than 20lbs
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Swim lesson instruction experience
- 1 year of customer service experience
- ASCA Level 2 Certification or higher
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid
Life Time is a place for everyone. As an organization, we are committed to an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that respects and celebrates the unique contributions of each individual while ensuring we remain an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains and promotes based on merit and qualifications.