Waterloo Swimming is a USA Swimming Bronze Medal swim club located in North Austin, TX. Currently operating out of one location featuring an Olympic sized, 50M pool, WLOO is home to just over 400 athletes ranging from Junior National finalists to beginning club swimmers. WLOO has finished in the top-five of the Texas Age Group State Championships (TAGS) for the last five seasons.
We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable swim coaches to direct and lead one of our TAGS training groups. These groups range in age from 9-14 and are split up based on age and ability. The swimmers in these groups are aiming to achieve A through AAAA times on the USA National Age Group Motivational Time Standards in multiple strokes and be competitive at the TAGS level.
Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate technique-driven processes in their practice writing and season plan as well speak about their experience in developing athletes, administrative work off-deck, and effectively communicating with athletes, parents, and staff.
We believe the best coaches have had experience at all levels of our sport, and it is our goal to provide that education to our entire staff. Each WLOO coach has the opportunity to work with all groups in our program as well as take the lead on team projects such as meet management, clinic operations, parent education or new swimmer outreach to further help build their resumes.
Not only do we provide our staff with medical benefits, PTO, Holiday Pay and a 401K (matching up to 4%!) we also have taken educational trips to ASCA World Clinic as well as having speakers come to talk to staff at least 2-3 times a year.
Duties and skills of the Lead Swim Coach include but are not limited to:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Waterloo Swimming policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of Waterloo Swimming.
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our Waterloo Swimming program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within Waterloo Swimming and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Recommend group practice assignments for each swimmer. Substitute for other coaches as needed. Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach. Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices (water quality checks/pool area clean up/etc)
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
- Work with the Waterloo Leadership Team to make the program the preeminent swim program in Texas. Work within our Waterloo culture of being an Athlete-Centric center of excellence; getting Results through FUNdamentals; supporting Attendence+Effort=Success philosophy; and, building out our #swimfamily culture