West Coast Aquatics is seeking a dynamic age group coach to foster and maintain a caring and competitive group environment. WEST is a small club, so the lead coach of each group must be highly proficient in both training competitive swimmers as well as building culture. Lead coaches are responsible for shaping and maintaining the culture of the group, and ensuring the group contributes at the highest level to the overall excellence of the club, both in the water and out.
- Plan and implement seasonal training both in the water and dryland for swimmers ages 13-14
- Communicate expectations with parents and athletes
- Have individual seasonal goal meetings (3x per year) with all athletes
- Hold an annual parent meeting
- Email weekly group newsletter including schedule updates, information on upcoming events, and informational videos and articles
- Conduct seasonal group culture meetings: videos, themes, group captain elections, etc.
- Mentorship of group captains, helping them to communicate with the group, plan team activities, etc.
- Maintain communication and camaraderie with the rest of the coaching staff
- Passionate about elite swimming and positive team culture
- Growth mindset
- Minimum of 3 years of competitive coaching experience
- Knowledge and expertise on stroke mechanics and training cycles
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and time-management skills
- Experience with the following technology: TeamUnify platform, Google Drive, HyTek MeetManager
- In good standing with USA Swimming (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Athlete Protection, Background check, Coaches Advantage Training, Foundations of Coaching), USA Swimming Certified Coach, or the ability to obtain the certifications.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Thorough knowledge of all rules and regulations governing facilities, clubs, coaches and swimmers.
Compensation and hours:
This may be a part time or full time position, depending on skill set. $22-28/hour. Employees are eligible for 50% employer contribution at 24 hrs per week and 100% employer contribution at 35hrs per week (full time) for health, vision, and dental benefits.
with a cover letter describing your coaching philosophy, your resume, and 3 references with current contact information.