SWIFT Aquatics (SWAQ) offers year-round competitive aquatics programming -
providing a comprehensive approach to competitive swimming. Our goal is to make a
difference in each child's life by creating an environment conducive to reaching their
fullest potential as an athlete and as an individual.
SWIFT Aquatics Values:
* Athlete Focused
* Character Development
* Positive attitudes lead to positive impact athletes
* Maintain connections to the community and each family to foster teamwork and a sense of common goals.
* Everyone should have fun learning and excelling, regardless of experience.
We are hiring assistant coaches to begin our 2023-2024 Short Course Season with the
potential of working toward a full time position. This job can also be paired with an opening for an Assistant Coach position at the high school we operate out of.
Position Title: Developmental and/or Age Group Coach
Position Statement: Under the direction and guidance of the Associate Head Coach,
this role will lead/assist groups in the Developmental and/or Age Group Level.
TEAM Culture Responsibility:
● Embrace the Swift Aquatics culture
● Model and celebrate Swift Aquatics values
● Passion for coaching and working with age group athletes
● Be exceptional in the application of positive, consistent, and effective motivation strategies when working with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff in relation to all aspects of the program
● Foster team spirit by exhibiting and maintaining a positive attitude and team
● Demonstrate a cooperative, prompt, and respectful communication style
with swimmers, parents, community members, and staff
Wet-side Deck Responsibility:
● Lead 1-2 groups for age group swimmers, and assist with other groups throughout the team
● Create a season plan for lead groups that fits within the scope of group goals and objectives
● Administer daily workouts and maintain group attendance
● Attend meets as assigned (1-2 per month)
● Supervise and maintain a positive practice and meet environment
● Assess new swimmers during tryouts
● Attend staff meetings
● Manage group meet entries
● Send out weekly group update email
● Conduct both group parent meetings and individual parent meetings as needed
● Conduct specialized Clinics throughout the year
● May be required to complete other duties as assigned by the Associate Head Coach
Hours: Hours of work will consist of 3-5 evenings a week and Saturday Mornings (1.5-2 hours/practice), and approximately 6-7 hours at weekend meets as needed.
Building: Niles North and Niles West High Schools - Skokie, Illinois
Qualifications: Applicants should have prior coaching experience or swimming experience and possess strong communication skills. Applicants should also hold or be willing to obtain the following certifications: Coaches Safety Training, CPR and First Aid (as is required to obtain USA Swimming Coaching credentials).
Compensation: This is an hourly position and the rate will be commensurate with experience. SWIFT Aquatics will also cover the costs of required certifications and USA Swimming membership.
If you have any questions, please contact Seth Orlove (Coach.Seth@SWIFTAquatics.org
or 224/534-9771) for more information.