The YMCA of Central KY is looking lifeguards for all of our YMCA branches. Not certified? No problem - the YMCA will sponsor your certification.
Do you love aquatics? Are you interested in making a positive difference in the community? The YMCA of Central KY is looking for experienced lifeguards for all of our YMCA branches. Join us and get a free city-wide membership to the Y.
We are seeking an opening lifeguard! Our indoor pools open at 5:30 a.m. Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. on Saturday, and 10 a.m. on Sunday. Shifts are typically four hours in nature.
General Function: Provides a sense of control over the entire pool area, including deck areas and locker rooms. This will increase the safety of the pool for all members and their guest. The lifeguard is the first source of emergency care in the event of an accident. Time will be spent doing routine maintenance duties as assigned by the management.
Must be 16 years of age or older; Minimum of current and valid Lifeguard Certification, First Aid, and CPR for the Professional Rescuer. Position also requires excellent swimming skills plus a varied aquatic background.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prevention of accidents both in the water and on the deck.
- Provide rescue and emergency assistance in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a sense of control over the entire pool area at all times.
- Enforce pool rules and justly establish disciplinary actions.
- Lock all doors prior to leaving the pool area unattended.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service training as set up by the aquatic director.
- Maintenance duties when needed. These duties include picking up litter on the deck, washing the pool deck nightly, surface skimming when needed, keeping the deck clear of all obstructions.
- Wear staff uniform and name tag when on duty and appropriate.
- Have a whistle with you at all times.
- Customer service. Be friendly and able to answer general YMCA questions.
- Work your scheduled times or find your own qualified substitute.
- Fill out accident reports for any accident no matter how minor.
- Promote an environment that supports the YMCA’s mission and our four-core values- caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility
- The lifeguard is part of a staff team that ensures the success of the operation.
- Members will be safe and enjoy their YMCA aquatic experience.
- A well-served community that understands and values the mission and purpose of the YMCA.
- Maintenance of facilities that promotes safe participation and a wholesome environment.
- Competence and good judgment is demonstrated in all matters within the scope of the responsibilities assigned.
FREE city-wide YMCA membership
Discounted Program Fees
Flexible Work Schedules