- Develop and implement age-appropriate training programs for our age group swimmers
- Provide coaching, guidance, and mentorship to athletes during workouts, competitions, and team events
- Coordinate and collaborate with other coaches to ensure consistent coaching methodologies and goal setting
- Assess and monitor athlete progress, evaluate swimmer performance, and provide feedback for improvement
- Foster a positive and supportive team culture that encourages sportsmanship, teamwork, and personal growth
- Communicate regularly with parents, swimmers, and other staff members regarding team updates, goals, and expectations
- Assist in the recruitment, retention, and development of swimmers within the age group program
- Attend and actively participate in swim meets, team events, and coaches' meetings as required
- Stay updated on current swimming techniques, training methods, and best practices through continued education and professional development
- Minimum of 2 years of coaching experience, preferably in an age group setting
- Possess a strong understanding of age group swimming development, stroke mechanics, and training methodologies
- Hold current certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with athletes, parents, and staff
- Ability to motivate, inspire, and foster a positive learning environment for swimmers of varying abilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to effectively manage and track athlete progress
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including mornings, evenings, and weekends to accommodate team practices and competitions
- Must pass a background check and meet all applicable USA Swimming requirements
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, to email@example.com.
Flashes Aquatics is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We look forward to welcoming a talented and passionate individual to our team as our new Head Age Group Coach.
About Flashes Aquatics: Flashes Aquatics is a Level Two USA Swim Club, founded in 2003. FA Serves
swimmers on the southeast side of Indianapolis. Operating out of the Franklin Central High School Natatorium
in Indianapolis, Indiana with an 8 lane indoor 25 y/25m pool with separate diving well. The club has
approximately 150 year-round members. FA is a stable club with an excellent foundation poised for continued