Lyons Aquatics is seeking an energetic and knowledgeable assistant swimming coach to work with our large competitive age group program on a part-time basis. The assistant coach will support the group lead coach(es) to run practices & provide technique instruction. Experience with elementary school aged children is a plus.
LYONS Aquatics Club is a year-round competitive aquatics program offering high quality professional coaching and technical instruction for all ages and abilities. Our goal is to provide every member the opportunity to develop their aquatic skills and succeed at every level, from the novice to the elite. We pride ourselves in having a high-caliber group of coaches, dedicated to producing great athletes AND inspiring the next generation of community-minded leaders. This includes a current Team USA lead water polo coach! We are a non-profit Club run by an elected Board of Directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Coach will:
· Assist swimmers in developing and improving the technical and physical skills of competitive swimming. Evaluate, monitor, and provide quality feedback to athletes to improve technique and performance. Assist with a training group to ensure the teaching of proper stroke technique and implementation of the lead coach’s training plan. Stay updated with the latest coaching techniques and industry trends to continually enhance coaching skills and knowledge.
· Attend scheduled swim meets (approximately 1-2 weekends per month during swim season), practices, meetings, and team functions as required. Assist and substitute for other practices as needed. Assist with the organization and submission of swim meet entries to meet hosts by stated deadlines, as necessary.
· Maintain a positive and effective working environment, while collaborating with other coaches, athletes, parents, and board members. Maintain effective quality communication via emails, texts, phone calls, etc.
· Be an energetic, empathetic coach who is an effective motivator of individual swimmers both in and out of the water. Inspire, encourage, and motivate each swimmer to realize their full potential in the sport of swimming. Teach life skills such as self-discipline, self-confidence, good sportsmanship, goal setting and working to achieve goals. Build a positive atmosphere through team-work and fun.
High School Graduate or equivalent education and related competitive swimming experience is preferred.
· Current USA Swimming coach member in good standing, including all courses and certifications.
· Coaching experience and proven success with both developmental and elite swimmers.
· Previous experience with Hy-Tek software and TeamUnify platforms preferred.
Pay range is based upon education and experience between $16-25/hr.