Lyons Aquatics is seeking an energetic and knowledgeable age group lead swimming coach to work with our large competitive age group program. The lead coach will be the primary point person to develop, design, and implement training programs through dryland, swim technique coaching, and motivational instruction. The ideal candidate is passionate about the sport of swimming, focused on swimmer development and has experience working with elementary school aged children.
LYONS Aquatics Club is a year-round competitive aquatics program offering high quality professional coaching and technical instruction for all ages and abilities. Our goal is to provide every member the opportunity to develop their aquatic skills and succeed at every level, from the novice to the elite. We pride ourselves in having a high-caliber group of coaches, dedicated to producing great athletes AND inspiring the next generation of community-minded leaders. This includes a current Team USA lead water polo coach! We are a non-profit Club run by an elected Board of Directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Age Group Lead Coach will:
· Develop and implement a comprehensive training program tailored to the needs and abilities of individual swimmers/groups focusing on skill development, tactical knowledge, and physical fitness. Provide personalized coaching and feedback to individual athletes to help them achieve their maximum potential. Organize and lead regular team practices, to enhance team cohesion and performance. The primary focus of this position will be all 10&Under swimmers from novice to State level but may also involve assisting with coaching 11&Over swimmers. The position will require working weeknight practices and some weekend practices/meets with participation in meets at a local, regional, state, and national levels. Supervise and maintain a positive practice and meet environment.
· Current USA Swimming coach member in good standing, including all courses and certifications, ASCA certification preferred.
· Proven coaching experience three or more years and proven success with both developmental and elite swimmers in technique, race strategy and training methodologies.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with athletes, parents, staff, and the broader community.
· Strong organizational abilities to manage multiple tasks and events simultaneously.
· Proficient in use of Hy-Tek software and TeamUnify platforms, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint – or equivalent) and Gmail
· Pay range is commensurate with education and experience.