Responsible for ensuring the safety of the facility members by preventing and responding to emergencies. To be aware of and to pass on to members any pertinent information concerning the aquatics center and MVP Sports Clubs.
- Proactively enforce pool rules, MVP policies, and other applicable local or state regulations.
- Actively scan the pool and monitor for potential issues with rules or possible safety concerns.
- Respond immediately to emergencies, coordinating an EAP response to the pool area by guiding additional responders.
- Have necessary lifeguard equipment while on duty, including guard pack, rescue tube and emergency radio (as needed).
- Inspect the aquatic facility on a daily basis; report unsafe conditions and equipment to the supervisor and note in the Team Communication Book (TCB).
- Neatly maintain the aquatic areas and restrooms.
- Custodian duties as assigned.
- Effectively communicate members’ concerns, comments and questions to the supervisor and log them in the Team Communication Book.
- Conduct water chemistry tests.
- Completes and maintains records and reports.
- Participates in required in-service training.
- Talk to at least three program participants per month about feedback concerning program.
- Promote group swim lessons and other aquatics programs to meet weekly goals as defined by Aquatics Manager.
- With valid Water Safety Instructor certification, teach swim lessons according to the expectations of Water Safety Instructor.
- Attend and participate in regular Service Game training sessions as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance, by wearing the MVP Sports Clubs uniform (see uniform matrix) and name badge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or 18 years and older.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Or the following Lifeguard Certification:
Y.M.C.A. Lifeguard Certification
Ellis and Associates Deep Water Lifeguard Certification.
Boy Scouts Lifeguard Certification.
(Candidate must obtain a valid American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification within 6 months of hire if they possess any of the previous certifications).
- Excellent water rescue skills (spinal injury, active and passive victim rescues). Must be able to perform Lifeguarding skills to the American Red Cross standards and requirements.
- Excellent First Aid skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work extra hours, weekends and holidays.
- Physical Requirements: Bend, stoop, crouch, climb, stand, sit and turn/pivot; Lift/lower, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs; perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, typing, and/or word processing, filing, calculating and use of telephone; See, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
Free All Star Membership for all team members
Fun work environment and flexible schedule