ASSISTANT COACH with EDINA SWIM CLUB
Status: Part-time Hourly (5-10 hours per week)
Compensation: HIGHLY COMPETITIVE – Hourly dependent on experience
Job Purpose: Assist the Head Coaches and Group Lead Coaches during practices and swim meets and perform other duties as assigned.
Do you want to be a part of a “Tradition of Excellence?” Edina Swim Club, located in Edina, Minnesota, has been a leader in Minnesota Swimming for over 60 years and has a celebrated history on the National Stage. We are looking for a TEAM MEMBER who actively wants to be a part of a club with a strong culture and who can add to our team by bringing their knowledge and enthusiastic energy.
We are looking for candidates who possess:
· Previous coaching experience or a Strong competitive swimming background.
· USA Swimming Coaching certification, or willingness to become certified within 2 months.
· Knowledge of proper swimming technique and fundamentals
· Extraordinary organizational and communication skills
· Positive outgoing personality and patience
· Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for our athletes
· Responsible for assisting in various levels of our age group program.
· Conduct swim team practice in a safe, friendly, and competitive environment.
· Observe and enforce all rules and regulations of the facility
· Knowledge of USA Swimming rules and regulations
· Arrive promptly to work.
· CPR/AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, APT, Background check, and in good standing with USA Swimming
· Experience with Team Unify, OnDeck, Team/Meet Manager, and MS Office is a plus.
· Abide by applicable USA Swimming Code of Conduct and Safe Sport requirements.
· ASCA level 2 or willing to complete
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Physical Demands of Position:
· Standing and walking 100% of the time during daily workouts.
· Lifting items 5-51 pounds during daily routine.
· Ladder climbing. Stairs up and down. Bending, stooping, stretching, kneeling, twisting, turning, gripping, and grasping.
· Exposure to weather conditions.
· Repetitive arm and shoulder use. Wrist (right or left) for tool use.
· Exposure to chemicals, inhalation, and skin contact.
· Pushing and pulling. See, hear, smell, talk.
· Basic math and writing skills.