Managers and oversees the Aquatics Center Facility including the staffing, pools, and facility grounds. Responds to any emergency at the pool and acts to prevent accidents in the water and pool area. Ensures patron safety by observation and enforcement of safety rules. Maintains excellent courtesy and customer service. Creates a culture of respect for safety and excellence through training and demonstrating qualities in leadership that inspire and develop every staff member.
- Supervises employees and manages operations of the Aquatics Center Facility
- Responsible for all facets of the Aquatics Center Facility;
- Provides regular reports, written and verbal, on projects and general property statistics
- Maintains and updates facility SOGs/SOPs
- Maintains consistent and thorough documentation of all staffing and property activities
- Ensures property and staff are compliant with certification and policy requirements
- Manages property expenses remain within annual budget
- Manages revenue and ensures property annual goals are being satisfied
- Oversees that labor and training are forecasted appropriately
- Oversees project lists are adequately scheduled and budgeted
- Participates in the annual budget process by evaluating projected and actuals and forecasting needs appropriately for annual budgeting and completion
- Assist in, and oversee, property and pool cleanliness and maintenance are completed daily and year round.
- Performs inspection of equipment, structures and systems for proper operation
- Ensures equipment is safe and operational and checks work area for safety hazards
- Monitors pool water chemistry through the testing of water samples and adjusts chemicals as needed to maintain sanitary and hygienic standards. Monitors the pool filtration system
- Identify items needing repair or replacement
- Performs minor repairs such as painting, rehabbing and fixing broken equipment.
- Oversee and assist in the follow through and completion of projects
- Oversee and work with contractors as needed for projects and scheduling repairs
- Submit invoicing and payments
- Communicate all projects and status with Director
- Staffing, Rotation/Scheduling
- Responsible for overseeing all staff of the Aquatic Center
- Oversees Aquatic Center Manager, assisting them in their role and providing guidance
- Ensure needs of property are met through proper and appropriate scheduling
- Ensure management presence during peak service times and property needs
- Oversee staff schedules; ensuring all property needs are met and pars are followed
- Verify proper rotation protocol is followed at all times and in all situations
- Ensure facility is staff to appropriate levels
- Oversee all certifications and licenses are accurate and in compliance
- Oversee adequate training is completed and documented properly
- Ensure and oversee ongoing training is completed and documented
- Participate in and oversee all staff disciplinary action
- Participate in and oversee staff in service meetings in compliance with the minimum requirement of 4 training hours monthly, following through with additional training as needed including ongoing documentation of progress.
- Develop programs as needed for staffing
- Creates and executes regular and annual public programs at the Aquatic Center
- Assists with booking Aquatic Facility for school, picnic or private parties including collecting fees.
- Responds to public inquiries about aquatics programs and informs customers of pool rules.
- Maintains related records, statistics and reports for aquatics programs
Graduation from High School or the equivalent required. Two (2) years experience in pool operations and /or maintenance of pool equipment preferred. Ability to demonstrate experience in administrative work and record keeping. Must be able to communicate effectively. This position requires a valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License or the ability to obtain within 30 days. Use of liability insurance required for personal vehicle.
Required to possess or obtain the following certifications upon hire:
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) for the State of Texas
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer AND Standard First Aid
- Lifeguarding Instructor
- Water Safety Instructor
- Required to lift and/or carry items that weigh up to 50 lbs.
- May be required to push, pull or drag 50 lbs.
- Required to sit, stand, reach, twist and walk to perform duties.
- Required to climb, crawl, kneel, squat, stoop and bend.
- Work is indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures (heat/ cold) and inclement weather.