Are you looking for a role where you can make an impact on the community? Do you desire a work environment where you develop leadership, communication, organizational skills and advance your career?
The Aquatics Director provides overall direction, coordination, and success of YMCA Pool operations. Enthusiastic applicants serve as a YMCA ambassador to provide members and staff a great experience. Building confidence in youth and connecting a diverse population to healthier lives are an integral part of the role.
- Provide leadership in the delivery of quality within the YMCA aquatic department.
- Monitor all programs and staff in the pool assigned.
- Ensure program quality and monitor staff performance and member service.
- Develop relationships with members and obtain regular feedback on programs.
- Recommend program enhancements to ensure that member needs are being met.
- Facilitate monthly in-service meetings that include skill review.
- Supervise staff and ensure appropriate staffing of the pool. Coordinate breaks and rotate staff.
- Develop high quality aquatics programs, including swim lessons and water fitness that meet the needs of the community.
- Ensure safety and prevent injuries by supervising the pool area. Ensure no distraction or interference with the ability to hear or see signs of distress.
- Administer first aid to victims using OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Universal Precautions. Provide immediate care to sustain life until Emergency Medical Service arrives.
- Maintain current certifications. Maintain physical fitness. Perform endurance swims, rescue procedures upon request.
- Lead the aquatics staff team in providing a safe and enjoyable environment. Respect others by arriving on time and in accordance with schedule.
- Communicate all pool rules and ensure that you are accessible and identifiable.
- Maintain pool logs, incident/accident reports, locker room checks and other documents as required.
- Ensure safety and cleanliness in pool area.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
ROLE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Graduate or Equivalent
- Must have experience and/or a passion for working with the special needs population.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills.
- 2+ years' experience in fitness, retail, recreation management or hospitality industries
- 2+ years' experience managing 50+ team members.
- 2+ years' experience managing Profit and Loss (P&L) statements/revenue/EBITDA budgets.
- Experience providing high-end member service and managing member concerns.
- Track record of success in a performance driven work environment
- Current ARC Lifeguard/Water Park, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer, First Aid and Administering Emergency Oxygen certifications and YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor v6 Trainers or ARC Lifeguard Instructor certification with 2 years of related experience.