Title: TITANS Team Manager
Reporting: TAC TITANS Head Coach
The Triangle Aquatic Center is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit with a mission to develop swimmers for lifelong success. The TAC TITANS Team Manager is a full-time position responsible for assisting the Head Coach and Finance Director in overseeing day-to-day operations of the swim team, ensuring smooth and efficient functioning. This role involves administrative, communication, finance, and organizational tasks, with a primary focus on supporting the TITANS coaching staff and TITANS membership. The TITANS Team Manager will collaborate closely with the Head Coach, Operations Director, Aquatics Director, Meet Manager, and Finance Director to maintain a high level of professionalism and performance within the team.
The TAC TITANS swim team is a member of USA Swimming and currently ranked #2 in the Nation. With 1,300 members, communication and organization skills are of the upmost importance for the successful candidate to possess.
- Team Administration
- Coordinate and manage swim team registration, including the Team Unify registration module, policy documents and necessary waivers.
- Maintain accurate membership records, including contact information, attendance, t-shirt sizes, graduation year, etc.
- Assist in organizing, communicating, and scheduling swim meets, practices and special events.
- Ensure compliance with all team policies and procedures.
- Act as a primary point of contact for swimmers, parents, and coaching staff.
- Disseminate important information, announcements and updates to TITANS members and parents.
- Respond to inquiries and address concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Train customer Service staff in general TITANS operations and assist with answering member questions.
- Ensure timely and accurate membership communication across all groups.
- Maintain www.tactitans.org website to always ensure accuracy.
- Push urgent updates to social media and group email distribution lists.
- Organize and communicate/answer “frequently asked questions” for every facet of TITANS Operations – work to provide answers and guidance to membership in a proactive manner.
- Financial Management
- TITANS accounts receivable management:
- Post all cash and check payments and reconcile each payment for proper chart of accounts.
- Reconcile all Credit Card and ACH payments to proper chart of accounts.
- Prepare bank deposits twice weekly (minimum).
- Monitor past due balances and enforce collection policy.
- TITANS billing admin management:
- Ensure accurate monthly membership invoicing.
- Bill meets, travel, socials, and special events monthly.
- Adjust accounts as needed due to swimmer movement, etc.
- Apply dues reduction credits and maintain service credit accounting.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts and assist Dues Reduction Program, Service Credit Program and Triton Club volunteers.
- Team Travel and Logistics
- Arrange travel logistics for swim team members and coaches attending away meets.
- Ensure athletes and Coaches have the necessary accommodations, transportation, and meals.
- Track travel costs and communicate anticipated travel trip fees to TITANS families.
- Team Support
- Collaborate with coaching staff and operations staff to facilitate practice schedules and athlete development.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of swimmers.
- Attend TAC Coaches’ meetings, TLC Meetings, Triton Club Meetings, Service Credit Program Meetings and General TAC Operations Meetings.
- Ensure proper scheduling and facility space allocation for TITANS practices and events.
- TAC Meet Director Assistant
- Serve as backup and/or assistant meet director.
- Undergo training to familiarize candidate with swim meet management software.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as required (occasionally).
- Basic working knowledge and proficiency within Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with swimming or other youth/amateur sports operations; 2 years working or volunteering within a similar organization is recommended.
- Coaching (swimming) experience is recommended.
- Web design or content creation experience is recommended.
- Full Time; $40,000 - $45,000 annually.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan Eligible after six (6) months of service; TAC matches 50% up to 4% of employee’s salary deferral.
- 50% TAC contribution towards individual employee coverage (Health, Dental and Vision).
- Internal Programs Credit; $500 credit per year for use towards all TAC programs.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their qualifications and relevant experience to email@example.com.