HIRING: Part-Time Swim Coach
Sea Dragon Aquatics is seeking part-time coach to cover weekday afternoon practices with elementary age group swimmers in Port Charlotte/North Port area. New coach will work with head coach in developing swimmers of all ability levels to their fullest potential by providing swim instruction in a safe and positive environment through high quality training and constant pursuit of excellence in and out of the water. This coaching position presents an opportunity to coach Masters Swimmers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Implement planned swim practice sets.
· Implement safety rules, rescue and administer first aid when necessary. Report incidents to head coach.
· Work with head coach to develop swim skills and evaluate swimmers’ progress.
· Interact with parents at appropriate times.
· Ensure proper storage of all pool equipment.
· May be required to attend and coach at swim meets.
· Attend mandatory clinics/courses for required certifications and to increase knowledge.
· Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as assigned by head coach.
· High School diploma or GED.
· Has worked as certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor, camp counselor or child care provider.
· Lifeguard and First Aid certification*
· USA Swimming Foundations 101 & 102*
· Pass pre-employment screening
· Pass background check*
· USA Swimming registration**
*Fees shall be reimbursed by Sea Dragon Aquatics.
**Fees shall be paid by Sea Dragon Aquatics upon registration.
Application form can be requested from Coach JR Whaley at email@example.com
Sea Dragon Aquatics’ website is www.seadragonaquatics.org