Position: The Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club (GPAC), a member of USA and Southeastern Swimming, is seeking positive, motivated and qualified candidates for the position of Age Group Site Coach/Assistant senior coach.
Duties: The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic motivator with a love for and knowledge of the sport who is able to work well with children and be able to communicate well with the swimmers and their parents. Candidate will be willing to be an integral contributing member of a coaching team and possess strong organizational and communication skills and take initiative to elevate the team whenever possible. Candidates must be able to coach within a pre-established, yet evolving training progression for athletes. Candidates will be on deck between 25 and 30 hours per week and will coach 10-15 practices per week over 6 days.
- Primary coaching responsibility is for the program’s age group swim groups (PM practices), other coaching assignments will be taking an active role in assisting the head coach with some aspects of the senior team (some AM practices per week).
- Develop all levels of swimmers
- Implement day-to-day group coaching in full alignment with team training plan
- Coordinate training methodology, team drills and practice group goals with head age group coach
- Design and oversee season training plans as approved by head coach/head age group coach
- Retain primary focus on technique, skill development, culture, and long-term athlete development
- Coordinate group size/lanes as it relates to performance
- Manage athlete placement/group advancement. Maintain standards/requirements to join and advance within GPAC.
- Communicate effectively with head coach and respond quickly to parents and athlete needs; Communicate effectively with the public to build community partners.
- Represent GPAC at all swimming events and attend all scheduled meet as assigned.
- Lead, recruit, develop, and help supervise P/T assistant instructors and coaches
- Maintain and update equipment and technology as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by the head coach
Operations Responsibilities Manage day-to-day site operations, including (but not limited to):
- Coordinate and allocate pool space for practice schedules
- Manage pool office (clean, organize, office hours, office supplies)
- Maintain and update equipment and technology
- Maintain regular office hours as directed by head coach
- Home swim meet operations- must be able to lift 40-50 lbs.
- Establish/maintain team’s auxiliary programs (summer league, clinics, etc.)
Dry-Side Responsibilities Collaborate with head coach on short and long-term strategic planning of GPAC; Coordinate with head coach/office staff on administrative duties, including (but not limited to):
- General administrative duties such as online calendar maintenance, meet entries, information sharing through group chats and formal communication with staff and members.
- General onboarding of new members, including scheduling evaluations, performing skill assessments, collecting new member information.
- Participate in regular staff meetings
- Promote social media reach, post regularly
- Assist in planning and organizing team outings and events, fundraisers, as well as annual parties
- Ability to maintain all required USA Swimming coach requirements. (Required)
- College Degree (preferred),
- Competitive Swimming Experience (required),
- Swim Coaching Experience (required), preferably with a USA Swimming or YMCA Swimming team, ASCA level 2 certification (preferred)
- Experience with the Team Unify platform, Hy-Tek Software, Colorado timing equipment, Microsoft Office Products and Google Drive. (required)
- Driver’s license and automobile for travel. (required)
- Ability to move heavy equipment for swim meet set up or as otherwise required
- Other duties as requested
Background: GPAC is a parent run non-profit (501c3) organization of 150+ swimmers, based in Pensacola, Florida. Pensacola is located on Northwest Florida’s panhandle and all of our pools are less than 30 minutes to the beach. Florida does not have income tax and Escambia County has a cost of living well below the national average. Along with our competitive swim team we also run a swim school which consists of 70+ swimmers per month, a masters group, swim clinics and summer leagues. Our facilities include one 6 lane 25-yard pool and one 8 lane 50-meter pool both of which are on college campuses. GPAC is a board-supported, stable program and has a long history of success for nearly 50 years. GPAC's Mission is to develop all levels of swimmers and instill values and life-skills that foster success in all aspects of life. To learn more about the Greater Pensacola Aquatic Club, see our web page at www.gpacswimteam.org
- Pay is commensurate based on experience ASCA level, degree held, knowledge ($35K-$40K range)
- All coaches receive a monthly cell phone stipend and may receive bonuses based on team performance.
- Full time positions offer additional benefits such as health insurance and retirement contributions.
- GPAC will also reimburse for appropriate meet expenses, professional certifications/education, and coaching memberships.
- GPAC provides $1500 for moving expenses
Position is open immediately. Submissions will be reviewed upon receipt until the position is filled. Ideal candidate would be able to start by December 2023. Qualified candidates should e-mail all the following to Head Coach/CEO, Greg Johnson (email@example.com).
- A GPAC application (found on our website under "contacts" then "work for GPAC")
- A cover letter highlighting your professional coaching objectives as well as a summary of coaching philosophy.
- A resume highlighting your experience, qualifications