While supporting the mission and vision of Family Wellness, this position is responsible for the development, training, supervision and coordination of all activities, facilities, and personnel within Family Wellness aquatics. Works to ensure members and participants experience a positive and safe pool environment, providing a premier experience to all.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Develops, implements, and monitors aquatics programs to meet the needs of the community and fulfill Family Wellness objectives.
- Assists leadership in forecasting and executing departmental, budgetary and safety outcomes.
- Manages and monitors the aquatics budgets to fulfill objectives and KPI requirements.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, lap swim, open swim, family swim, and special events.
- Hires, trains, develops and supports staff and volunteers, develop strategies to retain staff and lead aquatics team toward goal achievement.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations and plans programming in cooperation with our YMCA of Cass Clay partner.
- Maintains detailed and accurate records for personnel, programs, facilities, chemicals, and data.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local, and Family Wellness health and safety regulations. Partners closely with Facility Manager to ensure proper maintenance of pools.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR/AED trainings for staff.
- Leads and manages swimming lessons, private lessons, safety education, and specialized classes.
- Maintains a high level of customer and participant engagement to ensure overall member experience.
- Work positively and frequently with department managers to achieve organizational goals.
- Assists in managing emergency response and internal safety procedures.
- Lifeguard, teach lessons as needed, some nights and weekends are required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience, & Skills (Minimum Requirement):
Bachelor’s Degree in related field, three years of directly related experience, and 3-5 years of supervisory experience required.
Strongly Preferred: Current certifications in American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguard Training, and CPR/AED and First Aid. Required to achieve these certifications within 6 months of hire. Will train if needed.