As a FOSS Swim Instructor (actual title is Swim Teacher), you will make memorable moments for children of all ages by teaching life-swim skills in a fun, splashy, and safe environment.
Have a passion for water? Come share your love of swimming with your community and FOSS will provide you with the training to confidently teach our Swim Path curriculum. This position allows you to lead the students in a structured, yet fun water-environment to develop their life enriching skills to provide a lifetime of confidence and safety around water. Our Learn to Swim program gives you the opportunity to instruct a variety of ages and skill sets to make swimming a safe and enjoyable sport. Bring your ability to improvise, play, and connect because laughter is an important part of our teaching method.
Why Our Team Members Love FOSS:
- Splashy Culture: Our team members are the reason we have incredibly high customer satisfaction rates and repeat students. They make learning and work FUN!
- Meaningful Impact to Others: Teach children of all ages and adults an important life-skill to swim and stay safe around water.
- Consistent Schedule (Part-time): We will work around your schedule to coordinate a consistent schedule for you to build relationships with students and families.
- Year-round Employment: Reliable schedules and advancement opportunities to grow your career with us!
- Paid Training Hours: We provide you with all the educational resources to be successful in your current and future role.
- Cool Uniform: We make sure you are comfortable in and out of the water.
- Competitive Wages (hourly $20.25) & Benefits: We invest in our team members and understand their importance and the high responsibility of keeping children safe. Plus, offer a matching 401(k) plan, FREE swim lessons for your immediate family members, and much more.
- Collaborative, Supportive Leaders: We are here to support YOU!
Job Type: Part-time (minimum 12 hours)
Shift Type: 4 to 5-hour shifts
- Weekday Evenings
- Weekends (includes additional $3.00 pay)
Main Responsibilities as a Swim Teacher:
- Manage a class of 1-4 students by providing hands-on swim instruction (following the FOSS Swim Path curriculum), promote swimmer safety, and teach life-enriching skills.
- Ensure a safe, engaging, and educational experience for students.
- Build partnerships and interact with the student’s parent or guardian on their progress.
- Support & demonstrate our four Cultural Pillars: Connect, Collaborate, Empower, Belong
- Bring laughter, smiles, & FUN!
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Comfortable working in a pool setting.
- Work a minimum of 12 hours per week.
- Positive attitude and high energy.
- Practice good communication skills.
- Experience working with children is preferred.
- Aquatic background preferred, but not required.
Our Guiding Principles:
- Create Fun & Memorable Connections
- Strive for Uncompromising Safety
- Deliver Quality Service
- Pursue Excellence
- Are Stronger Together
Team Member Benefits & Perks
- Position Specific Training
- Advanced Skill Training
- Competitive Compensation
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Discount – 25% off Retail
- Free Swim Lessons for Immediate Family Members
- Referral Bonuses
- Growing company with Advancement Opportunities
*Benefits vary by full-time and part-time.
Come Grow with Us!
Foss Swim School is a premier swim school with 25 locations across the Midwest and decades of proven success training children to be world class swimmers. We are growing and hiring swim professionals for roles across all our schools.
This position is a dive into our career opportunities. At Foss Swim School, we believe and have proven success with internally promoting our talented team members to advance their careers. We provide continuous trainings and offer education assistance to develop and equip our team members for their next career opportunity. Check out this link to learn more about our team members. https://vimeo.com/760077423
APPLY NOW! Our hiring process is quick and allows us to get to know each other.
First Interview (virtual) ~ Second Interview & Tour (on-site) ~ Offer & Welcome!
Foss is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, ethnicity or national origin, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.