Rosemead Rapids is hiring part time assistant swim coach for our USA Swimming Club, Rosemead Rapids. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, demonstrate ability to motivate athletes in and outside of the pool, must be reliable, knowledgeable on instructing technique, and passionate about the sport of swimming. The position reports directly to the head coach and will work closely with all the coaches on the preparation of our swimmers.
We have an opportunity at the development level, but specifically for Development Group 1 and Development Group 2. The coach will be working primarily with swimmers 10 and under. The position involves practice time on deck, some administrative tasks, and sessions at meets. Candidates meeting USA Swimming Coaching requirements are preferred. However, Rosemead Rapids will work with the right candidates to ensure all certifications are completed. Pay commensurate with experience.
Rosemead Rapids is based in Rosemead, CA with our practice location at the Rosemead Aquatics Center. More information about the club can be found at www.rosemeadrapids.org.
REPORTING DIRECTLY TO THE HEAD COACH, RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Motivating swimmers to compete at their best and over the long term.
· Help develop, implement and oversee a seasonal training plan for development swimmers.
· Helping swimmers to set and achieve their goals.
· Developing swimmers’ leadership skills and work ethic.
· Establishing and maintaining regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, other coaches, and the Head Coach.
· Collaborating with the coaching staff to help manage the day-to-day operations of the club, as well as contribute to the long-term development of the club.
· Being flexible, and understanding that unforeseen circumstances may require unforeseen responsibilities!
· Must have (or plan to obtain) all relevant USA Swimming coach certifications.
· Passionate about swimming and teaching/development of younger/newer athletes.
· Knowledge of proper technique as it applies to developmental swimmers.
· Teaching and maintaining proper technique, to the best of the swimmer's ability.
· Must possess/be able to demonstrate: professionalism, leadership skills, decision-making ability (in the interest of athletes & organization), timely and professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents, and swimmers, and be willing to follow directives from the Head Coach and Director of Operations.
· Must have a working knowledge of Team Unify or be willing to learn quickly.
· Demonstrated passion for learning, continuing education and improving as a coach who’s active in the community.