FULL TIME HEAD COACH POSITION
The Blue Devil Swim Club is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time salaried Head Coach position.
The Blue Devil Swim Club was founded in 2001 and operates under the jurisdiction of the IL Swimming LSC. The club practices out of the Warren Township High School District 121 pool in Gurnee, IL and has a current membership of 120 swimmers. BDSC is a 501c3 non-profit organization overseen by a Board of Directors.
BDSC has a proud history serving the northern Illinois communities for over two decades; producing swimmers who have represented the club at the highest levels of USA Swimming, including Olympic Trial Qualifiers. Each year our club graduates have transitioned to successful careers as college student athletes with ongoing connection to the club years after graduation. We pride ourselves on strong value-driven, family-oriented principles, where every swimmer, at every level, has a place on our team.
● 4+ years of competitive coaching experience.
● 3+ years experience as a Head Coach preferred.
● Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all certifications.
● Outstanding leadership and motivational skills with a strong sense of personal integrity.
● Extensive background in competitive swimming, stroke mechanics, and understanding of USA-S rules and regulations.
● Experience using TeamUnify, HyTek, Team Manager and Meet Manager.
● Excellent communication and organizational skills.
● Track record of fostering a culture of team unity among swimmers, parents and staff.
● Experience in strength and conditioning training, dryland and functional movements.
● Enthusiasm for continuing coaching education.
● Legal authority to work in the USA.
● Valid Driver's License.
● Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups from Monday to Friday, plus Saturday mornings.
● Serve as primary on-deck coach for senior level training groups and cover lower level groups as needed.
● Develop season and practice plans for all groups.
● Attend any meet sessions and team events as assigned.
● Train, develop and mentor Assistant Coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive, and positive environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth.
● Develop and implement dryland programs for all groups.
● Create a full season training plans for stroke technique progression, dryland progression, and training progression for all levels and effectively communicate to swimmers and coaches.
● Develop and administer the annual team budget, manage billing, team communications, and team administrative organization
● Responsible for staff recruitment, hiring and scheduling, as required to ensure continuity and coaching quality.
● Develop and implement growth & marketing strategies.
● Provide a stable, professional, and positive environment for all BDSC athletes.
● In coordination with the Board of Directors and Volunteer sub-committees, organize travel trips, team spirit parties, team dinners and social functions.
● Plan, schedule and assist the planning of home meets.
● Effective communication with parents and swimmers of objectives and goals for athletes.
● Update website information regarding practice schedules, meet entries, news, etc.
● Build relationships with local school districts and aquatic staffs.
● Assist and guide high school athletes in the college recruiting process.
● Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Compensation and Benefits:
● Competitive salary commensurate with coaching experience.
● Bonuses awarded for growth/retention.
● Monthly stipend for phone, internet and health insurance.
To express your interest, contact Kathryn Shores, Board President, firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested, please apply early. Recruitment and interviewing will begin immediately.