HEAD COACH with Ukiah Dolphin Swim & Water Polo Team
Ukiah Dolphins (UD) is seeking an enthusiastic head coach to unify and lead our swim team. Ukiah Dolphins was established in 1955 and is a community, non-profit swim team that develops swimmers at all levels up to 18 years of age.
Coaching age group athletes in the afternoons/evenings during the school year and both mornings and afternoon/evenings in the summer (exact hours to be determined by coach). Practices are held at Ukiah High School swimming pool. Hours can fluctuate depending on High School athletics and community events. The coach is responsible for planning daily workouts that align with the ability of each group and attending monthly swim meets. This individual needs to plan and prepare workouts, respond to emails from parents/athletes/staff and send out weekly communication to membership, attend regular board meetings, understand how to navigate through our Team Unify website and be able to use google docs and spreadsheets. Other minor duties may be assigned as needed.
The ideal candidate should:
* Enjoy working with children- helping with their personal & athletic development.
* Coach with positivity, encouragement, and enthusiasm.
* Love the sport of swimming.
* 3 years USA Coaching and/or competitive swimming experience at the club level.
* Be able to work well and communicate effectively with athletes, swim parents and board members.
* Be a reliable coworker.
* Have a sound grasp of swimming technique and age-appropriate teaching and training concepts.
* Vision oriented, collaborative, hardworking, and highly motivated.
* Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
* Current USA swimming certified coach (Coaches need to have current Safety Training for Swim Coaches, CPR/AED/First Aid certifications), including background check and have either had current Athlete Protection Training and Concussion Training or be in the process of finishing those courses.
* Applicants need to enjoy working with children, seeing them grow and overcome challenges, and help them achieve their goals.
* Understand the importance of parental involvement in their child’s development and work to help build a parent’s understanding of our team and the sport of swimming.
* UD offers competitive compensation based on qualifications. Pay will be commensurate with experience. Expectation of starting at 10-15 hours of on-deck coaching per week, not including attending meets. Plus 2-5 hours of off-deck duties per week.
* Up to 10 PTO days, 5 paid holidays.
CA labor laws and overtime rules are followed.
If interested, please send your resume and an email about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (707) 621-1554