At FOSS safety is first! As a FOSS Lifeguard, you have an important responsibility for keeping our students safe and monitoring our indoor pool deck. This position lets you partner with our Swim Teachers and get to know some really cool students. Our students register for weekly classes, so you get to know them and their families. Bring your positive energy, your high attention to detail, and safety-first mentality to make our classes a safe, memorable experience.
*CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT: Must have a valid Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate prior to being offered the position.
Plus, do you want to mix your passion for swimming with your career? Our Lifeguard position provides the perfect opportunity to learn more about water safety and pool maintenance, while our dedicated mentors will continue to excel your skills.
Why Our Team Members Love FOSS:
- Splashy Culture: Our team members are the reason we have incredibly high customer satisfaction rates and repeat students. They make learning and work FUN!
- Meaningful Impact to Others: Teach children of all ages an important life-skill to swim and stay safe around water.
- Consistent Schedule (Part-time): We will work around your schedule to coordinate a consistent schedule for you to build relationships with students and families.
- Year-round Employment: Reliable schedules and advancement opportunities to grow your career with us!
- Paid Training Hours: We provide you with all the educational resources to be successful in your current and future role.
- Cool Uniform: We make sure you are comfortable in and out of the water.
- Collaborative, Supportive Leaders: We are here to support YOU!
- Weekday Evenings
- Weekends (includes additional $3.00 pay)
Main Responsibilities as a Lifeguard:
- Provide surveillance of swimmers during designated hours
- Keep the pool area clean and orderly to ensure the safety of the students and customers
- Maintain a high level of readiness. Respond quickly to all emergency situations, administer first aid as necessary, and complete incident reporting.
- Ensure and enforce the most effective measures are in place to keep our students safe
- Provide exceptional customer service to all students and families while working collaboratively with other FOSS team members.
- Support & demonstrate our four Cultural Pillars: Connect, Collaborate, Empower, Belong
- Bring laughter, smiles, & FUN!
- Must be at least 16 years of age, required.
- Must have a valid Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate prior to being offered the position (must provide copy of certification), required.
- Comfortable working in an indoor pool environment.
- Positive attitude and high energy.
- Practice effective communication skills.
Our Guiding Principles:
- Create Fun & Memorable Connections
- Strive for Uncompromising Safety
- Deliver Quality Service
- Pursue Excellence
- Are Stronger Together
Team Member Benefits & Perks
- Position Specific Training
- Advanced Skill Training
- Competitive Compensation
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Discount – 25% off Retail
- Free Swim Lessons for Immediate Family Members
- Referral Bonuses
- Growing company with Advancement Opportunities
*Benefits vary by full-time and part-time.
Come Grow with Us!
Foss Swim School is a premier swim school with 24 locations across the Midwest and decades of proven success training children to be world class swimmers. We are growing and hiring swim professionals for roles across all our schools.
This position is a dive into our career opportunities. At Foss Swim School, we believe and have proven success with internally promoting our talented team members to advance their careers. We provide continuous training and offer educational assistance to develop and equip our team members for their next career opportunity. Check out this link to learn more about our team members. https://vimeo.com/760077423
APPLY NOW! Our hiring process is quick and allows us to get to know each other.
First Interview (virtual)~Second Interview & Tour (on-site)~Offer & Welcome!
Foss is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, ethnicity or national origin, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.