La Grande Swim Club (Inland Empire Swimming, La Grande, Oregon)
Part Time, Year-Round Head Coach – approximately half-time position – wages commensurate with experience and qualifications
The La Grande Swim Club (LGSC) is seeking an energetic, engaging, motivated, and highly skilled Head Coach to lead our year-round competitive swim program in the beautiful Grande Ronde Valley. The ideal candidate should provide excellent instruction to swimmers, clear guidance to assistant coaches, and effective collaboration with parents and volunteers.
· Provide training appropriate for swim club members and instruction of skills and techniques appropriate to the level of the swimmer; organize, order, and supervise practice sessions, set team goals for each practice session, and provide a nurturing athletic environment for the advancement of each individual member.
· Be the primary instructional coach with the majority of hours spent on deck coaching
· Provide supervision and direction of coaching and administrative duties including but not limited to the following:
o Determine meet entries for all team sanctioned meets;
o Serve as liaison with the pool management and staff;
o Communicate between coaches, athletes, and parents regarding training and competition;
o Manage the meet calendar and meet results;
o Select, prepare and give out club awards;
o Communicate with the board regarding new and current swimmers.
o Participate in fund raising events and team functions;
o Interact with LSC officials and coaches as necessary;
o Direct the purchase and management of team equipment; and
o Help grow the club.
· Recruit, supervise, and evaluate Assistant Coaches. Hold regular coaching meetings.
· Determine coach coverage at meets – attend majority of meets personally.
· Provide an environment that is in compliance with all applicable Club, USA Swimming, and Inland Empire Swimming (IES) regulations, including current Safe Sport policies. Mutual respect should extend to the Coach-Swimmer, Coach-Parent, and Coach-Official relationships. The Head Coach should be a model of sportsmanship.
· Prepare and present monthly Coach’s Report at Board Meetings; attend all team Board meetings and IES House of Delegates (HOD) meetings.
Maintain all the swim coaching certifications required by, and remain in good standing with, USA Swimming and Inland Empire Swimming.
Be engaged with and support all members of the club whether they seek to compete at high levels of swimming or simply enjoy swimming as a recreational sport for exercise and health.
Have experience in developing swimmers from entry level swimmers to high level competitors.
Possess proficient computer skills including Team Unify, Team Manager, & Google Suite.
Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About La Grande Swim Club:
La Grande Swim Club is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization under the direction of a parent volunteer board of directors elected annually by the membership. LGSC has been in operation for over 60 years and routinely has 40-60 swimmers in the water ranging in age from 5-18.
LGSC practices and hosts home swim meets at the indoor Veteran’s Memorial Pool, 401 Palmer Avenue in La Grande, which is owned by the City of La Grande and includes an 8 lane, 25-yard competition pool and a warm up pool. La Grande is home to Eastern Oregon University, and the area boasts an abundance of outdoor recreation and thriving communities.
Interested candidates must submit the following required documents:
· Cover Letter
Submit application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org