Visit Us & Apply Today!
Click Here To Apply
Under general supervision, is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating organized group activities at various City of San Antonio outdoor pools and indoor natatorium. Responsible for maintaining and developing local community partnerships through various year-round outreach events. Exercises functional supervision over assigned staff.
Click Here to visit our site and learn more about the City of San Antonio's Aquatics Programs.
5800 Historic Old Hwy 90
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Monday - Friday. Shifts are subject to change to accommodate special events, evening coverage, rotating weekends, and holiday shiftwork, as dictated by business needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Holds regular staff meetings and coordinates the pools programs, including sports, crafts, culture, special activities, and pre-school and adult activities.
- Assigns workers' duties and responsibilities as necessary to facilitate the program.
- Assumes responsibility for the building and grounds, including completing maintenance reports.
- Schedules rooms, recreation areas, and pools for program use.
- Assumes responsibility for equipment and supplies, keeping inventory current and ordering as needed; includes occasionally lifting and carrying aquatics equipment weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Conducts classes, clinics and special events and acts as resource person concerning aquatics ideas.
- Plans and promotes a program of safety at City of San Antonio outdoor pools and indoor natatorium.
- Presents at Community Clubs, Parent Teacher Associations, and other organizations on aquatics programs.
- Recruits participants with fliers, emails, and word-of-mouth.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Two (2) years of college courses from an accredited college or university.
- Two (2) years of experience in recreation activities.
- Valid Class 'C' Texas Driver's License.
- Highly Preferred: Experience working in aquatics programs, water safety education, swimming lessons, and aqua fitness. (Please include on resume/application)
- Highly Preferred: One (1) year of experience in outreach and recruitment efforts. (Please include on resume/application)
- One (1) year of experience with aquatics programs, water safety education, swimming lessons, and aqua fitness.
- Currently have or ability to obtain Aquatics-based certifications.
- Experience providing a high level of customer service.
- If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses must be submitted at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related full-time experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience in order to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is defined as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants selected for employment with the City of San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of techniques used in organized recreation and social activities for all age groups.
- Knowledge of applicable policies and guidelines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City staff and the general public.
- Ability to perform all the physical requirements of the position, with or without accommodations.
- Working conditions are both in indoor and outdoor facilities.