Coronado Swim Association is a year-round competitive swim team located in Coronado, CA. The team typically averages 100 members ages 6 and up from novice to Junior National qualifiers, and has been in been in Coronado for 55 years.
Coronado Swim Association is a non-profit, board-supported program. We are searching for an energetic head-coach/executive director to develop our swimmers and continue to grow our program.
The selected applicant will have the opportunity to be mentored by UCSD coach David Marsh.
The CSA Head Coach will be responsible for all aspects of operating a year-round competitive swim program. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Establish workout groups, schedules, and criteria for advancement
- On deck coaching and supervision of senior elite swimmers
- Development and oversight of training programs for all groups
- Develop, mentor and supervise age-group coaches
- Plan team meet schedules
- Attendance and team leadership at swim meets, to include out-of-area meets
- Establish and maintain relationships with regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, coaches and board members
- Attend monthly Board of Directors meeting
- Hold periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents
- Serving as team representative with San Diego-Imperial Swimming LSC
- Assist in annual fund raising activities
- Assist in marketing CSA through social media presence
- Be a positive role model, maintain high ethical standards, and adhere to USA Swimming Coaches’ Code of Conduct
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 5 years experience as an age group coach of a competitive swim team
- Up-to-date understanding of latest coaching techniques through research and continuing education through USA Swimming or ASCA
- Ability and desire to work with parents as part of swimmer development
- ASCA level 2 or higher
- Bachelor’s degree and personal experience in competitive swimming at the college level
- Track record of swimmer retention and recruitment
- Track record of swimmer development at the national level
- Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as demonstrated ability to foster teamwork
Must be a USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass the USA-Swimming background check and USA Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary based on experience with incentives including swim team membership growth, ASCA certification level and team performance.
Please email resume, along with coaching philosophy, names of references and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org