Under the direction of the Aquatics Supervisor and Head Swim Coach, the Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for helping coach and manage the Metro Marlins swim team. Responsibilities include age-group coaching duties with an emphasis on safety, proper skill development, team member development, seasonal planning, daily workouts, goal setting, and promotion of JCC Metro Marlins core values and team goals.
As our new Assistant Swim Team Coach you will:
- Ensure the safety of swim team members, performing lifesaving and/or first aid procedures when necessary.
- Enforce team rules and policies as well as pool rules and regulations.
- Respond to swimmer accidents and emergencies, and administer first aid and CPR as necessary.
- Conduct swim team workouts and provide instruction to swim team members; enhance the swimming skills and development of all team members; ensure team member adherence to and understanding of safe training, competitive and swimming practices.
- Assist and support all team-related activities, parties, fund raisers etc.
- Perform various clerical duties in support of the swim team such as responding to parents’ and swimmers’ questions and memos, creating workouts, taking attendance and assisting with meet entries as needed.
- Operate a variety of pool, office, and coaching equipment including a copier, computer and assigned software.
- Maintain routine records related to swimming accidents, incidents and assigned activities.
- Maintain swimming area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 4 years of competitive swimming experience at US Swimming, high school or college level
- At least 1 year of working with, coaching, teaching or monitoring youth at the age-group swimming level
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Lifeguard certification – to be obtained within 1 year of hire date
- Current USA Swimming coach certification – to be obtained before being permitted to coach on-deck alone and must be completed within 2 weeks of hire date
- Pool safety practices, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Methods and procedures for providing swim team instruction and conducting swim team workouts.
- Safe training practices and routines, procedures and techniques of rescuing swimmers from accidents and emergency situations.