The Itasca Park District Waterpark is seeking a dynamic Head Swim Team Coach for our amazing Itasca Dolphins Swim Team, after Head Coach Dan Witteveen has retired. The Dolphins celebrated it’s 50th Anniversary in 2023 and has an average of 180 swimmers per summer season. The Head Coach is responsible for the overall operation of the Dolphins Swim Team Program, a team currently within the summer DuPage Swim & Dive Conference. The Head Coach oversees the Dolphins and Jr. Dolphins, is the designated 11-17yr age group coach, and works cooperatively with the Itasca Dolphins Parent Group and under direction of the Aquatic & Facility Supervisor.
The Head Swim Team Coach must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma. Must have current Van Guard Training and CPR, First Aid, and AED certification before the first day of work. Strong interpersonal, oral, written and telephone communication skills are required and the ability to provide a team-centric focus with the ability to foster a collaborative and productive work environment. Minimum of three or more years of experience in competitive swimming and Swim Team coaching experience is required.
The Head Swim Team Coach position is seasonal, spanning Memorial Day through July.
Swim Meets: Wed Nights/Saturday Mornings
2023 Swim Practice Schedule: Mon – Fri, 6:30am-9:30am
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaches and supervises swim team participants during practices, drills and swim meets.
- Observes swimmers during practice and meets to help determine the need for individual or team improvement.
- Establishes and maintains professionalism and good sportsmanship while supervising swimmers during practices and meets.
- Maintains records and prepares daily activity reports as required by the DuPage Swim and Dive Conference rules.
- Promotes the growth and development of the Dolphins Swim Team.
- Directs and evaluates the work of the Assistant Swim Teach Coaches
- Attends regular meetings with the Assistant Swim Team Coach and the Aquatic & Facility Supervisor.
- Attends and participates in the DuPage Swim & Dive Conference Meetings.
- Works directly with the Itasca Dolphins Swim Team Parent Group to order needed swimmer uniforms, organize events, plan and host swim meets, provide team bonding, and more.
- Communicates with the Aquatic & Facility Supervisor on issues and activities related to the Swim Team.
- Anticipates, recognizes, and manages aquatic emergencies including closing the waterpark due to inclement weather.
- Reports any unusual safety issues, maintenance problems and other irregularities to the Aquatic & Facility Supervisor
- Follows and enforces waterpark rules, regulations, and policies to ensure the safe use of the waterpark during practices and meets.
Please apply by using the following link: Application