Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students participating in the competitive swimming program.
1. Develops positive relationships with members and participants and provides motivational support and guidance.
2. Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers members and participants to other programs.
3. Understands and is able to work in a fast-paced environment of competitive swimming.
4. Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
5. Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
6. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
7. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.