Head Age Group (5-14 yr olds) Salary based on experience, history,
(AG 3 – 4 and Development Group- resume recommendations
AAAA swimmers & below) $20,000 - $30,000
Eagle Swimming Association is seeking a highly motivated and energetic coach to fill the role of Head Age Group Coach. The ideal candidate will have high energy and passion for swimming, be charismatic and personable, be knowledgeable about technique and stroke mechanics of the sport and be willing to grow with Eagle Swimming Association. This Coach will be supported and carry out the mission of Eagle Swimming Association and Philosophy of the Head Coach.
- ASCA Level IIor above.
- Must have (or obtain prior to being in deck) certifications in Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, as well as Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC).
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Minimum of 1 yrs. coaching experience
- Passionate about swimming & teaching & development of younger/newer athletes.
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and all swimming strokes (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Freestyle)
- Must possess / be able to demonstrate:
- Leadership skills,
- Decision making ability (in interest of athletes & organization),
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents and swimmers,
- & be willing to follow directives from board / owner.
- Must possess good problem solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with staff & high school coaches.
- Must have working knowledge of Team Unify & Hytek.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing our Age Group program swimmers (ages 5-14 – A swimmers & below) to be ready to compete at the Age Group Championship Level.
- Work collaboratively with the head coach to develop and follow through on program goals to enhance a club that is consistently trying to meet its mission/vision while always trying to innovate.
- Assist Sr coach as needed.
- Supervise swimmers in the pool area at all times.
- Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere by adhering to all USA swimming rules and regulations and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
- Must show ability to work with and communicate well with all age group parents and athletes.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members at all times.
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with all participants
- Provide a safe, clean and organized pool area
- In charge of:
- Aiding head coach with Setting calendar – practice & meet schedules
- Aiding head coach with staffing and staff schedules
- Staff mentoring & development (including professional development)
- Aiding head coach with Team / organization planning & development (including help starting & staffing a learn to swim program)
- Meet entries for Age groups swimmers
- Manage our Age Group travel trip(s)
- Maintain team practice and master calendars and reporting the monthly calendar to our school district (rental) liaison.
- Run monthly meetings with Age group coaches
- Vacation upon request (two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during our Thanksgiving or Holiday Break).