POSITION: LEAD AGE GROUP SWIM TEAM COACH
REPORTS TO: Director of Competitive Swim
LOCATION: Mandeville, LA
Hours Vary; Nights, weekends and holidays may be required. Overnight travel for meets on occasion.
Provide positive leadership, instruction and motivation to year-round swim team participants. Assist with on-site/off-site swim meets along with other swim team functions throughout the year as needed. Support the development of swim team goals and workouts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Lead and organize assistant coaches regarding practice requirements and lane assignments.
B. Meet with swimmers for goal meetings as necessary.
C. Interact with parents as necessary.
D. Provide and promote excellent customer service and decision making skills at all times.
E. Communicate any issues or concerns regarding swimmer/parent to the Head Swim Coach in a timely manner.
F. Demonstrate enthusiasm for the sport, motivate swimmers and help develop a positive team atmosphere.
G. Assist the Head Swim Team Coach in creating a positive environment and administer thorough age-appropriate workouts focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development, and building endurance.
H. Assist the Head Swim Team Coach by identifying goals and presenting instructional methods for the swim team and work with the swimmers to achieve their individual goals.
I. Assist with swim meet line-ups as needed, record times at swim meets, and provide positive feedback to swimmers before, during, and after each meet.
J. Attend swim team social events such as meets, meetings, social events, etc., as necessary.
K. Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment for swim team participants.
L. Maintain USA-Swimming Coach Certification.
M. Attend mandatory staff meetings as well as in-service training programs and become familiar with the department’s emergency plan.
N. Performs other duties as assigned.
O. Abide by the policies & procedures outlined in the PAC Employee Handbook.
· Excellent customer service and communications skills with attention to detail
· Team player with the abilities to both lead and follow in a positive manner; Must co-work with other Coaches, while working independently with your groups.
· Strong stroke technique background, patience working with younger swimmers, and keep swimming fun mentality.
· Must be patient and nurturing
· Professional appearance and poise while on deck and/or anywhere within the club
· High School Graduate or equivalent preferred
· Competitive swimming experience preferred
· Minimum of one (1) year of coaching experience preferred
· Ability to teach swimming techniques which fall in line with the goals of the team at the direction of the Head Swim Team Coach
· Maintain CPR, First Aid certification, and USA-Swimming Membership, in addition to any other required certifications