We are a USA Swimming Club in the Pittsburgh (Bellevue/Avonworth) area looking for a coach who will be able to coach our Fall/Winter Season and possibly Summer Long Course season if interested.
We are looking for a candidate who would like to stay with the program long term.
- Runs from September to the end of March (option for Long Course in Summer)
- Practices are in the evenings and are held at an indoor facility
**Long Course runs from the end of April to end of July with M/W/F evening and T/TH morning
practices. All meets are USA swim meets and 3 are travel meets**
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 -$18.00 per hour based on experience
Schedule: Monday to Friday (3-4 days a week) and Weekend meets
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Experience: Experience as a competitive swimmer in a High school/Collegiate level is required.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Help guide and grow a USA Swimming program that produces the highest attainable levels as well as promoting positive enthusiasm around the sport of swimming for all levels of development.
- Follow all USA Swimming guidelines and requirements.
- Help to organize and direct swim practices with Head Coach and Assistant Coaches for all swimmers that is age, and developmentally appropriate, which allows swimmers of different abilities to reach their highest potential while considering all learning styles.
- Help create workouts.
- Coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels.
- Help to set appropriate goals for groups and individual swimmers.
- Help to ensure that all swim programs are synchronized to adequately prepare swimmers to successfully advance and transition to each higher level.
- Ability to run practices and attend meets (including out of town meets) as scheduled.
- Foster positive relationships, communicate well with the coaching staff, swim team members, swim team parents.
- Communicate professionally with coaches, athletes, and parents.
- Communicate all parent and swimmer inquiries and complaints in a timely manner to Head Coach.
- Demonstrating mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and the ability to function in a multi-task environment.
- Maintain high safety standards in the pool area.
- Must have or obtain and maintain USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection, Lifeguard, First Aid, Concussion, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume to the following: