About US: Timm Swimm Inc. dba Danvers YMCA Dolfins is entering in their fourth season as a
year-round competitive Swim Team. We are predominately a 13 & Under technique-based swim
program with three practice groups: Junior Academy (6-12), Academy White (7-12), Academy
Red (9-13). The Dolfins practice out of the Danvers Community YMCA and Gordon College
locations. With the backing of the Swimm with Timm swim lesson program, they have rapidly
expanded the Academy since it was initiated in 2020 to approximately 85 members. We are
seeking a Head Developmental Coach to help support the next phase of the program as we
continue to grow and evolve the program for the 2024-2025 season. We will also provide
training and familiarity with Swimm with Timm’s Advanced Beginner, Intermediate, and
Advanced curriculum. Opportunities to teach these levels may be available for additional
About Timm Swimm Inc. dba Swimm with Timm: We teach more than just water safety; we are
a skill-based swim lesson program not an aged-based program. All of our group lessons have a
very small student-to-instructor ratio so we can focus on teaching to each student’s individual
needs. We are designed to develop the confidence for kids to continue to grow beyond just the
basics of swimming! We keep kids moving and make learning fun because everyone should
know the correct way to swim! We have outstanding employee reviews and unparalleled
student retention in our swim programs! With a steady waiting list of students, we can help
more individuals swim smarter, not harder with more Swim Instructors! Swimm with Timm
currently operates through Choice Fitness’ Peabody, Methuen and Salisbury locations.
About YOU: You love everything about developing the swim skills of kids of all ages and want to
be part of a growing program! The Head Developmental Swim Coach has a few years of
coaching experience already and is ready to take on more responsibility as they develop their
career supporting our existing Head Swim Coach. Must have or be willing to obtain USA
Swimming and YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving certifications within the
first six months of employment.
The Head Developmental Swim Coach reports to and supports the Head Swim Coach with the
development and strategy of the swim team. Maintains constant supervision of students at all
times to ensure safety. Creates positive, nurturing relationships with students and builds
cooperative relationships with parents, caregivers, and staff. Encourages technique and skill
improvement of all students in the program. Assists with Administrative duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
• Attends and coaches swim team practices and meets
• Supports students as necessary to ensure a positive learning environment
• Helps to create new approaches to serve the needs of program participants
• Adheres to policies and procedures in organizational guidelines, including those related
to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergency incidents
• Maintains positive relationships with parents, caregivers, and other staff
• Assists with the supervision of Assistant Coaches at swim team practices and meets
• Assists with team promotion and administrative tasks, such as newsletters, social media,
event registrations, etc.
• High School Diploma and 2+ years swim team coaching experience
• Must have or be able to obtain CPR, AED, First Aid, and Lifeguarding Certificate
• Must have or be able to obtain USA Swimming Coach Membership
•Must maintain YMCA coaching certifications.
Reliable transportation to travel between locations is a must
• Ability to recognize students who may need assistance
• Ability to recognize and remedy hazardous and dangerous situations
• Ability to work independently and possess energy and enthusiasm
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4+ years of experience on a competitive swim team
• 4+ years of experience as a swim team coach
The Head Developmental Swim Coach must remain indoors at a facility pool with water and air
temperatures of 75 degrees or higher at all times. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee may be exposed to chemicals and fumes.
Walks, runs, sits, stands, bends, lifts, swims and moves continually during working hours; is
subject to lifting over 25 pounds. Must remain alert and able to recognize distress signals.
Expected Hours of Work
Hours will vary; evenings and weekends are required.
*Expected on deck hours;
4:00-7:30pm Monday-Thursday (Danvers Community YMCA)
**Typical non-meet weekend hours:
9-12 Saturday & 12-2 Sunday (Gordon College)
• Sick Time. All employees are eligible for up to 40 hours of paid sick time each year.
• Group Healthcare. Timm Swimm Inc. offers comprehensive group medical, dental,
vision, and life insurance to employees working an average of 20+ hours/week.
o Timm pays 80% of the premiums for individual medical coverage (70% of the
premiums for family medical coverage) and most office visits are covered by
o Employees enrolled in group benefits also have access to a free, confidential
Employee Assistance Program.
• 401k. Safe Harbor Plan allows all employees to join after one-year of service and will
match 100% of your first 3% and 50% of your next 2% (That's 4% of the first 5% of
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.