SUMMARY: Experienced lead swim coach overseeing and working with intermediate and beginning coaches to teach correct technique and a love of swimming to pre-competitive and special needs/adaptive swimmers on-site and at satellite locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic understanding of swim strokes, corrective techniques and dryland exercises for young athletes in both pre-completive seasonal and year-around teams and special needs/adaptive team.
- Lead Coach for SNAP (Special Needs Adaptive Programming) Team with a team of assistants.
- Supervise pre-comp practices, clinics, intrasquad meets, and assist in the coordination of a league championship meet at the conclusion of seasons.
- Assess swimmers to help gauge potential to move to Competitive Team. Communicate regularly with Swim School Office and Satellite League Manager regarding progress of athletes.
- Provide guidance and instruction for a staff of assistant coaches.
- Identifies incorrect swimming technique and provides corrective feedback to swimmer and/or assistant coach.
- Passion for coaching and working with youth athletes.