We are searching for an energetic head coach/CEO to develop our swimmers and continue to grow our program and carry IST’s core value: Dedication, Integrity, Perseverance, Teamwork, Loyalty, Culture, Honesty, Education, Health
The head coach/CEO will be responsible for all aspects of operating a year-round competitive swim program. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of overall team philosophy on coaching and swimmer development
- Oversee training group placement, team population and athletes’ performance.
- Coaches athletes to develop and achieve their highest personal athletic potential.
- Develop and maintain formal dry land training program for appropriate groups as defined by the definition of the training squads.
- Collaborate with Operation Administrator to develop seasonal training schedules and monthly schedule adjustments.
- Develop annual meet schedule
- Head Coach to host a quarterly summit meeting with the President.
- Coordinate with Public Relation staff to publish monthly newsletter at the beginning of month.
- Prepare the Head Coach report for all ISTA Board Meetings.
- Communicate necessary team and meet information to parents and athletes.
- Develops a sense of community, culture and loyalty amongst our membership
- Creates an environment where individual athletes work as a team to promote positive influences, to embrace empathy, to grow confidence, to practice good sportsmanship, to instill hope and courage within each other.
- Head Coach to conduct semi-annual reviews with all staff including the Operations Administrator.
- Head Coach responsible to conduct monthly staff meeting.
- Athlete Recruitment – Maintain a relationship with summer league swim clubs, high schools, and local health organizations to support ISTA athlete/staff recruiting.
- Actively pursue and participate in meetings, preparing information, and proposals for acquisition of new athletes and additional water space.
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 10 years experience as an age group coach of a competitive swim team
- Up-to-date understanding of latest coaching techniques through research and continuing education through USA Swimming or ASCA
- Ability and desire to work with parents as part of swimmer development
- ASCA level 2 or higher
- Bachelor’s degree and personal experience in competitive swimming at the college level
- Track record of swimmer retention and recruitment
- Track record of swimmer development at the national level
- Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as demonstrated ability to foster teamwork
Must be a USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass the USA-Swimming background check and USA Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary based on experience and eligible for twice yearly bonus. Please email resume, along with coaching philosophy, names of references and salary expectation to email@example.com