Dragon Star is actively seeking a competitive and reliable coach to fill the role of Head Swim Coach for Age Group swimmers. Ideal candidates will have a strong technical knowledge of the sport and possess skills in teaching and motivating swimmers.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming
- Minimum 2-3 years swim coaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for swimming and the ability to teach and coach the sport effectively
- Ability to communicate progressions and goals to swimmers and parents
Attend and coach Age Group practices and competitive meets. Duties include, but not limited to:
- Create a fun, but highly competitive culture to motivate swimmers to surpass their own personal expectations and goals
- Ability to communicate effectively between parents and swimmers
- Show a commitment to coaching swimming
- Oversee individual and team entries for all swim meets
- Incorporate coaching sessions including core work, strength and power, and muscular endurance
- Oversee any part-time staff members
Salary commensurate with experience.