Cupertino Hills Swim and Racquet Club has an exciting opportunity for the combined role of Head Swim Coach and Program & Events Manager. This role is part-time during the off-season and full time over the summer.
Our team is dedicated to providing a fun and supportive team environment, encouraging healthy competition, and improving swimming technique. We have 120 swimmers.
We are looking for a coach who can:
- Create a positive and supportive team environment
- Emphasize stroke and turn techniques and conditioning
- Instill a sense of sportsmanship, loyalty, and willingness to work hard
- Mentor assistant coaches
- Plan, monitor, and attend scheduled practice sessions
- Coach one practice meet on a Sunday in May, five dual meets (Saturdays ~8am-noon in June and July), and one championship meet (July 14) in accordance with Junipero Serra Swim League protocol
- Attend swim team activities planned by the Swim Team Committee
- Attend award ceremony following the championship meet. In collaboration with Assistant Coaches, determine awards for swimmers. Announce and distribute awards
- Coach Off-Season swim conditioning program for youths.
- Coach ongoing swim conditioning program for adults.
- Opportunity to provide private swim lessons for additional pay.
Program & Events Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities, Programs and Committees
- Manage swim lessons program
- Oversee and coach any assigned staff and set expectations they execute on responsibilities and tasks to the highest level possible in alignment with Club standards, service, values and member’s expectations
- Supervise and Manage Club staff, including scheduling Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
- Partner with the chairperson of the Tennis Committee, Swim Team Committee and Social Committee for all needs
- Ensure that safety instructions, including specific processes and steps to handle possible pool emergencies are updated and included in Pool Safety Binder
- Coordinate and oversee execution of special events and social activities, (generally planned in conjunction with Board of Directors, Swim Team, Tennis or Social Committee)
- Create and post new, attractive in appearance, collateral promoting all events and activities
- Work with the Club Manager and Club Treasurer in preparing the annual Event budget
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with highest degree of service, professionalism, timeliness and accuracy.
- Assist the Club Manager in preparing for the Monthly Board of Directors meeting
- Provide Board with ideas as to how to increase Program revenues in areas of Swimming, Tennis and Social events, seek approval, and implement upon approval.
- Provide Club Membership Information to prospective members in support of Office Manager
- Answer Club phone and office drop-in visits in a timely manner
- Ensure the website is updated with current and upcoming program and event information, as well as all facility reservations.
- Develop and send to Club Membership and all employees six Club newsletters per year
Current lifeguard and CPR certification required. Background check required.