EXOS helps people perform at a high level so they can achieve what matters most to them. Since our founding in 1999, we’ve become a leader in proactive health and performance, trusted by more than 150 clients, including corporations, academic institutions, health systems, sports organizations, the U.S. military, community centers, and residential communities. With award-winning facilities and spaces, technology, equipment, and services, EXOS connects people to the solutions they need and provides individualized plans based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance.
We're seeking a Head Lifeguard to join our team. Our new Aquatics Center is opening April of 2018! As our new Head Lifeguard, you will:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the scheduling and supervision of lifeguards as it relates to staffing changes, emergency coverage, securing staffing for regular operating hours including events/parties and rentals.
- Work with the Director of Facilities to maintain the appropriate water chemistry in the pools ensuring a safe aquatic environment for our patrons
- Lifeguard 15-20 hours a week.
- Assist with the training and development of Aquatics Staff as directed.
- Practice good judgment while working with the Director of Health and Wellness in organizing and maintaining a safe and effective aquatic environment with respect to leading part time Aquatics Staff in their roles
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular monitoring of the Aquatics Centers to assure the safety of all users, diagnose potential problems, setting of high standards for cleanliness and appearance and regulate appropriate use of facilities
- Work with Director of Health and Wellness to implement systems that assure inventory and supplies are available for proper functioning of facilities (i.e. pool chemistry, testing equipment, lane line, kickboards, bar bells etc.)
- Checking and logging the water chemistry and pool temperature in regular intervals throughout the shift/day as required by the center.
- Prevent injuries and minimize or eliminate hazardous situations (e.g. slip risks, dangerous activities, diving or horseplay)
- Helps maintain First Aid, safety equipment and supplies
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively to all emergencies in the aquatics area.
- Report hazards and incidents in a timely manner, always adhering to safety and emergency procedures.
- Enforce pool rules firmly, fairly, consistently and courteously will all facility users.
- Works group rental events as assigned, providing excellent customer service while ensuring a safe, fun and friendly environment for all individuals at the event. Will assist with set-up and tear down of event as requested.
- Assumes responsibilities as assigned by your supervisors
- Participates in agency wide assignments and programs as required by Director of Health and Wellness
- Supports the mission of the Moise Safra Center
- Treats fellow staff with respect
- Represent the center and provide for the highest quality of customer service to all individuals and groups
- Act as an integral part of the Aquatics Department
- Degree in related field or comparable experience
- Must maintain current certifications, including certifications pertaining to lifeguarding, CPR/AED, First Aid
- The Head Lifeguard must have strong customer service skills and must be skilled in developing relationships with members of all ages
- Candidates applying for this position should be able to:
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted repeatedly throughout the workday
- Swim 100 yards of each: Freestyle, breast stroke, side stroke
- Function in a warm environment for extended periods of time
- Be in water for long periods during the day
- Frequent walking and demonstrating and assisting with exercise movements; bending, stretching, lifting, pushing, pulling and squatting are movements performed daily