- Effectively instruct swimmers on efficient stroke technique
- Understand progression of each competitive stroke and turn
- Understand foundations of swimming (breath control, balance, buoyancy, streamline, head position, etc) and use that information to identify breakdown in stroke technique.
- Changes instructional delivery based on audience age and ability level.
- Understands developmental differences (physical and cognitive) between 6-13 year olds
- Apply knowledge to groups which may contain multiple levels of development.
- Effectively manage groups of swimmers.
- Clear/precise instructions and directions
- Positive, age appropriate language
- Represent program philosophy when communicating with swimmers, parents, and staff
- On time arriving at least 5 minutes before scheduled practice time
- Smile while coaching, happy, fun, passionate disposition
- Preventative safety instruction: jumping, running, diving, properly sharing lane space, etc.
- Aware of swimmer safety at all times
- Reinforces rules
- Responds in an emergency
- CPR/First Aid
- Safety for Swim Coaches
- USA swimming Coach
Practices currently are Monday-Thursday 4:15-6:00pm & Fridays 4:15-5:15. More times will be added in April. Availability to add additional time by lifeguard/swim instructor.